Advice please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethanyBum

Reaction score
Hi all.. Really i could cry!! i have a client that has around base 4-5 naturally i use high lift tint on her full head foil but everytime i do her hair jus the front patch looks gingery i used 12.81 yesterday with 12% measured and everything and yet again she has text me this morning sayin the front is gingery i hate feelung defeated please HELP :(((

Sorry i have posted about this before an lots of people suggested a sprinkle bleach in the mix i have tried this and still the same gingery result her hair is extremely fine and wispy so i would not like to use just bleach either :(

How long do you leave the colour on for?
Do you have a blonding cream to add to the tint (this can help it lift a bit more)
As it's happened a few times i wouldn't put it down to hormones.
The only thing i would suggest is try and keep the front few foils on a bit longer, use an ash colour and recommend silver shampoo.
If you add bleach to tint your going to remove some of the tone from the colour. Plus if you add bleach with high lift your putting bleach with 12% on hair.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Colour is on 45 mins and always try to leave on the front a little longer i have never heard of a blonding creme x

She also uses silver shampoo and the colours i used to use b4 were ash but then as was going more gingery orange i tried the 12.81 for the blue :/ x

Tone with 10.16 then use 12.16 highlift next time, high
Lifts need to be on at least 50mins!!

But if she is base 4 you will never get in much lighter as wella highlifts only go 4 shades lighter

Some colour ranges have a cream to add into tint to help it lift a bit higher.

If the rest of the hair is fine I'd put a few bleach packets around the front but stick to the tint for the rest of the hair.

Sorry i've not been much help x

Wow even through college i was told 45 mins :S i havent had much experience with toners as i get scared about them grabbing x

Ok thankyou :) the hair is light enough just the wrong tone on the front x

Blue you're fast you posted 2 messages by the time i posted 1 x

Don't be scared of toners just keep your dye on it and it will be fine x

Do i use with 1.5% on wet hair?x

I usually shampoo hair towel dry a bit then put the toner on. I normally use 1.5

Thanks muchly :) x

Highlift are different to normal colour rules, first 15 are crucial and last 15 mins are crucial, no heat during first 15, last 15 is when tone I'd deposited, remove it to early and the tone will be completely wrong. Check you MI :) x

Yup am with bluerinse. They are usually on for 50 mins to 1 hour. Try leaving it a full hour, also do you make sure you use a fresh mix on the front?

Latest posts

Back