Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sequins4

Reaction score
Hi I did a clients hair the other day, she had originally been having an ombré effect so her ends were lighter and she wanted to refresh all the colour so she just had highlights going through a natural 6/7 base. I use Paul Mitchell colour so I did bleach foils with 5vol, then usually I use 7n on the roots with 30vol(she's very dark naturally) I took this through to the ends as she wanted the ends toned more, but I didn't add any red base to the 7n I mixed for the ends which I really should of done as it gave a slight khaki tinge.

Normally I'm fine with colour and never have a problem with the natural bases going khaki but I think the hair was more porous on the ends than I thought. I've added a picture as I'm a bit afraid that when she washes it it may bring out more of that khaki tone?

I was thinking just doing a gentle colour balance on the ends (we normally use lightener with 10vol and shampoo one) just to lift those tones out and then maybe foiling some dark through to tone the ends? Or would a toner bring it out slightly?

Appreciate anyone's thoughts, I'm a bit of a worrier but just want to be prepared if it does wash up more khaki

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413519324.037693.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413519332.106403.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back