Advice re: Foot and Leg Massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16337

Reaction score
At college we are now at the pedicure stage. I'm fine with the actual pedicure procedure but I'm a little unsure of the massage technique for the leg and foot massage. At the moment we are just practicing on each other but on 6th June I have to do it on a male client.

Can any one provide me any diagrams, advice, or links to other websites.

Thanks in advance.

At college we are now at the pedicure stage. I'm fine with the actual pedicure procedure but I'm a little unsure of the massage technique for the leg and foot massage. At the moment we are just practicing on each other but on 6th June I have to do it on a male client.

Can any one provide me any diagrams, advice, or links to other websites.

Thanks in advance.
MASSAGE THERAPY LONDON ALTERNATIVE HEALTH COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE THERAPEUTIC TREATMENT UK HOLISTIC THERAPISTS HURT KNEE BUTTOCK MUSCLES UNPROTECTED NERVES TOWARD HEART DEMAGE VEINS STROKES HAWAIIAN BODYWORK TECHNIQUE
Hi just found this,there are some moves that you could bring into your pedicure,most are for a body massage therapist but there are a couple you could use at least.

You should have lots of practice before carrying out any assessments,if you are having any doubts I would speak to your lecturer and ask for help and guidance.Practice as much as possible and it will soon be like second nature.

No different for a male if this is worrying you. You can use talc though if they have very hairy legs. I would just recomend doing a deeper massage for the males mostly around the gastrocnemeus and along the sole of the foot (cant remember name off the top of my head. plantar flexor?)

hi hun

ive just got to the pedicure stage of my mani/pedi course and we start our assessments on 9th june, but for now we just practise on each other in class and we have been given a full list of massage movements and what there called and what they do etc, and i would have thought your tutor would be able to give you something similar, maybe you could ask them?

but as previously said we have been told to use deeper movements on the male, as the muscle is generally thicker/tougher and so they need more pressure to feel it, also we have been advised to be careful what 'fragrance' is in our massage cream and to use something plainer for a male
hths xxxxx

Thanks guys! You've been a great help. I think all I need is confidence really. I have a step by step guide from my tutor which I follow but they way they have set out the massage bit is a bit confusing. I'm going to have a chat tomorrow (college day) and get her to show me again (she's only shown us the once and expects us to remember).

Update: I've been to college tonight and I ended up giving my tutor a pedicure. I thought this was a great idea as it gave me a chance to speak to her about the massage. She has now gone through it with me in great detail and I am much more confident. The best news is aswell she loved my pedicure!

Latest posts

Back