Advice relating to fayres/fetes etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautychic

Reaction score
Hi guys

For those that spray tan.....

I'm just trying to work out a few things in my head and am looking to drum up some business.

To those Geeks who attend fetes and fayres etc - how do you do this/what do you do?

I'm probably making myself sound a little thick but I havent been to one for years and can picture school halls and village halls with stalls but nothing that really lends itself to offering a spray tan service.

Do you actually offer spray tans on site or do you just go along with your appointment book, leaflets and vouchers etc and get business that way?

Sorry again if I'm coming across as a sandwich short of a picnic but any advice would be welcome :o :smack:

Thks
K xx

Hi RubyBeauty I havent done any fayres yet with spray tans but have for other things.

i would take your kit and set it up so people can see how it all works (ie how they can have it done in their home) perhaps see if a family/friend is free on the day of the show spray them before hand so they can show the colour that can be acheived my modeling it on the day for you, rather than offering tans on the day so you can concentrate on selling your business.

You will usually have a table so take an eye catching table cloth to draw people to your stall and have those acrylic stands (you can get them off ebay) with your prices/offers so they can read them whe they pass by

another way is to do a free prize draw design some slips and get them to put down name address and contact details and tell them it will be drwn after the fayre also include questions like do you have spray tans, would you be interested ina spray tan party etc and say the winner will recieve something ie a free tan or bottle of wine (doesnt have to be expensive) and then you can contact each person that says yes to any of the questions after and try and turn them into bookings

have your diary on you and offer discounts if they book on the day

cant think of anything else right now but hope these ideas will help.

Roxy

I just do spray tans and I did my first fayre type thing last Friday. It was last minute as the original spray tanner had pulled out and this service had been promised to the guests.

It was a weird one really, based at a private school with a fashion show as well. All of those there seemed to be teens or elderly. Nobody seemed to be buying from any of the stalls really. A few people came to look at my stall but I mostly had my offers in nice frames with just a few retail products displayed so they'd turn their noses up and walk past. Very disheartening really!

I had a couple of gorgeously tanned helpers and a nicely decorated table considering having a few hours notice, just the wrong crowd for it.

In the end I just did one spray tan, gave away hardly any flyers and took no bookings at all!

I did get asked to go to another fayre, this time at a posh gym and it has both a day and a night do. Hopefully this will be a better experience for me!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=242064719178039&set=pu.214373355280509&type=1&theater

Thanks both of you! That makes much more sense.

There are adverts for a few popping up round where I live now the weathers getting colder so I'm going to start making some enquiries now I feel a little more comfortable with the idea.

Thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back