Advice Required Please: Recruiting SE Beauty Therapist/Nail Tech/Masseuse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs RSM

Reaction score
Hello, This is my first post so please be gentle with me:)

I am opening a Salon next month. We have a Spray Tanning Booth and x 2 Aurora SE Vertical Sunbeds and 2 Vibration Plates.

I have a room out back that can be used as a treatment/massage room and a fair amount of space in the actual Salon that could house a nail tech as well as enough space for a beauty area,make up etc.So I was thinking I would like to take some people on that can boost the business. They would all be self employed.

I wonder if anyone can advise the following please?

Is it better to charge rental, ie per day/per week or to charge a percentage of their takings? If % is better...how much as a rough guide?

If one lady can work say, wednesday/thursday/friday between 10am and 5pm, and we have only just opened by then, so have no bookings or very few bookings, does she just sit and wait until we get walk-ins or bookings? Sorry to sound so thick but I really don't have a clue! :confused:

Should I provide the products or should they provide their own? I am opening next to my friends busy hair salon and when we open there will be a open archway between the two salons, so hoping to ''feed'' off each others clients.

I hope I have explained well enough, thanks in advance ,any advice much appreciated.

I rent a room and I pay a set ammount per week and provide all my own products/furniture. I am responsible for my own bookings so if I don't have any clients booked in I tend to go home or do other things. I come and go as I wish. Hope that helps x

I rent a room and I pay a set ammount per week and provide all my own products/furniture. I am responsible for my own bookings so if I don't have any clients booked in I tend to go home or do other things. I come and go as I wish. Hope that helps x

Thank you for your reply. I am providing a new nail station, light , chair , should I provide the UV lamp does anyone know? I am also providing massage bed, indian head massage chair for other therapists so they just have to turn up with their product.

Sorry, no help on the contracts etc as i work at home but I just wanted to add that I wouldnt bother sourcing a UV lamp if you dont know what products the tech will be using. Lots of gel systems/Shellac etc require you use a particular lamp x

Thank you RF. I will leave that then :)

Latest posts

Back