Advice required re: nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butter*Cup

Reaction score
I hope someone can advise me. I am currently studying CIBTAC/CIDESCO Beauty Therapy & only cover the basics of manicure/pedicure in terms of nails, thus need to do further training in gel polish, gel extensions & acrylics. The college I attend offer courses accredited by BABTAC & insist we need such in order to get insurance once in the industry, however I am so confused, as I did a little research & some people feel you get better training by going direct to a brand for training as opposed to a college/training centre. Thus my question is, do people find this to be the case?...I really want to invest my money well and don't want to complete a course to have to re-train somewhere else as I'm not confident when I'm done (which I read quite a number of people experienced). I really just want to get the best training possible. Also, are brands (such as young nails, CND, NSI, etc) accredited and would I be able to get insurance in industry with such qualifications?

All advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance :confused:

Hi I am also CIBTAC and CIDESCO trained. I use NSI for gel an acrylic and have my insurance through ABT x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You certainly can simply train with your chosen brand however it all depends where you want to work once qualified. If you want to be employed some but not all employers want a standard college qualification.

Unfortunately whether brand or college, not all training is equal. Some colleges and brands offer very high quality, comprehensive training, and others don't.

Find out what products your college use for training, what industry experience the tutor has, see if you can find students who have attended and find out what they thought of the course. Also begin to research brands you are interested in.

Latest posts

Back