Advice Wanted - Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am after some opinions please!!

I am currently using a hive 1000cc wax heater with tea tree creme wax for body waxing (legs, arms, chest, back, etc) and lycon hot wax in a 500cc heater for facial, underarm and intimate.

As i'm mobile, i've decided that the stress of worrying whether my strip wax pot is going to leak everywhere on the journey to and from appointments isn't really worth the hassle.

I don't have any problem with my lycon, because obviously it sets hard and doesn't leak or spill.

I'm thinking of changing to a roller wax system, as i've heard they're nice and quick too.

I like the idea of the PHD wax system, from the hygiene point of view, but have never used it or seen it in action.

I've also seen the salon system single roller wax heater, but again, know nothing about it.

any advice on this subject is gratefully received.

thank you!

I use the clean an easy wax roller system and nothing else, my sister and I are both mobile and have a system each, we live it. Before I have an appointment I heat the wax up for a while then by the time u hve driven to someone's house etc its still very warm, I plug the system in straight away at a clients house, by the time iv set couch etc it's ready to use. There's no spillages, easy to use and very practical. I also find that it does underarms very well and have no need for hot wax xx

I use the PHD system, with their tae tree wax, and have done for years now. I love it. :Love: As above, I heat mine up before I leave the house, then plug it in as soon as I get to my client's house. I find it easy to use and less messy. Also with the PHD system, everything fits compactly in the heater, even the pre and after wax lotions!!

Hi there,
i am mobile and i use the hive roller heater the small 3 chamber one which is great for transporting around, although i don't use the hive wax as i am not keen on that wax at all! I also use the babyliss pot too which i use for facial waxing and underarms. It is small, the lid fits very snug and the trick is to decant a small amount of wax into the pot insert so there is no need to preheat before your appointment as by the time you are set up it is at temperature, and also you won't spill on the way back from your appointment as it will cool quickly too due to not having lots of wax in your pot.
I also have another pot for the babyliss that i use for warming the parafin for mani/pedi and just swap them round when i need too. The roller wax is great though for the larger areas, so quick and easy.

Latest posts

Back