Advice would be greatly appreciated on a college course I have found

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meralia

Reaction score
hi everyone,

This is my first post, I am interested in entering the beauty field and have looked at my local college to see what courses they offer, they have one that is 'Beauty therapy services full level 2 diploma (QCF). It doesn't say the registration board, whether it's vtct, city and guilds etc. the modules it covers are; facials, removal of hair using waxing techniques, manicure, pedicure, nail art, makeup, eyelash and brow treatments, and facial care for men.

It is one full day a week for 1 year, not sure wether it's an nvq/vrq etc... Was just after some advice as to whether this seems like a good enough qualification that is on a par/ equivalent to an nvq2 and whether I would be considered for a junior position in a salon when I qualify with this diploma?

Many thanks for reading. :)

hi everyone,

This is my first post, I am interested in entering the beauty field and have looked at my local college to see what courses they offer, they have one that is 'Beauty therapy services full level 2 diploma (QCF). It doesn't say the registration board, whether it's vtct, city and guilds etc. the modules it covers are; facials, removal of hair using waxing techniques, manicure, pedicure, nail art, makeup, eyelash and brow treatments, and facial care for men.

It is one full day a week for 1 year, not sure wether it's an nvq/vrq etc... Was just after some advice as to whether this seems like a good enough qualification that is on a par/ equivalent to an nvq2 and whether I would be considered for a junior position in a salon when I qualify with this diploma?

Many thanks for reading. :)
which college is it? x

Thanks form replying, it said it was vrq in the small description box, that I must have missed :)

Thanks form replying, it said it was vrq in the small description box, that I must have missed :)
Its not equivalent to.an nvq,an nvq is considered to be a more superior qualification, however many colleges offer the vrq and you shouldn't have trouble finding a job as a level two therapist with this qualification. You will certainly be able to get insured as well good luck if you go for it x

Thanks for the reply, decided on a bit of a change and have enrolled on a city and guilds level 2 in Make up at college. :)

Latest posts

Back