advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallllle

Reaction score
I have level nvq 1 hairdressing would love to finish my hairdressing off but have a lil girl and i'm 21 anyone give me a best opition i can have to help finish level two

what about a pt college course at your local college.
You get ur first level 2 and 3 free usually, although this may change due to funding cuts ect. X

i ave 2 wait till sept :/x

I'm almost 100% sure that everyone has to pay for part time courses, they are not funded at all. Your best option is to do 1 year full time college which will be free because as far as I am aware funding has been cut but won't actually happen till 2014. Full time college is usually 16 hour a week over 3 days and you can apply for help with childcare costs. If you do go to full time college it would be a good idea to work in a salon a couple of days a week either paid or unpaid just to gain some experience of working in a salon. My local colleges starting taking applications for this year last september and so they are already pretty full up so if you are going to apply to college I would do so now so as you can secure a place. Hth x

i've apply im waiting for a interview date thanks

I'm almost 100% sure that everyone has to pay for part time courses, they are not funded at all.
I am a single mum of 3 children on benefits and i am doing a part time level 2 hairdressing 2 evenings a week and i am funded for tutoring fees and also i got funding for equipment.But i do not know if every college does funding for fees?
hope your interview goes well when you get your date.
sazza

I'm almost 100% sure that everyone has to pay for part time courses, they are not funded at all. Your best option is to do 1 year full time college which will be free because as far as I am aware funding has been cut but won't actually happen till 2014. Full time college is usually 16 hour a week over 3 days and you can apply for help with childcare costs. If you do go to full time college it would be a good idea to work in a salon a couple of days a week either paid or unpaid just to gain some experience of working in a salon. My local colleges starting taking applications for this year last september and so they are already pretty full up so if you are going to apply to college I would do so now so as you can secure a place. Hth x

My level 3 course is part time, and I recieved funding, although our college's part time is from 1 night a week to 16 hours.

i ave 2 wait till sept :/x
Why don't you see if you can get some voluntary work experience in a salon until then?

My college sold the full time course as 3 days. Turned out it was 2 full days and 2 half days, so actually 4 days in the college. Just a thought for childcare you might need an extra day.

Thanks you for the post.

Latest posts

Back