Advise on employee payment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im about to set up my own business in approx 7wks time. I wil be needing to employ another full time beauty therapist / nail tech, but i am unsure of what the best form of wages would be? In the past i have worked on a 40/60% commision basis with no overheads etc. Would really appreciate some ideas on what works best for yourself, would i be better off paying hourly?
Thanks xx:)

Paying hourly to start is the best idea (unless she has tons of her own clients, it will take her a while to build up in a new salon).
+commission on product sales

After three or six months you can give her the option to go solely off commission. I get 45% which is a little above average for where I live.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you :hug:

Thankyou. My only concern is paying out for staff when i wont really be making any money to start with? Thats why i was considering commission as i will only be paying out for what they do, not wasting wages? I dont know what do you think? xx

Have you considered renting the room space out? Has she an existing clientele already?

If not, and you aren't advertising greatly, she may go elsewhere when the customers aren't coming in quickly - especially if it is commission based.

If you do a search there are plenty of threads and it shows what works best from both angles - the employer and the employee.

Latest posts

Back