Affinage Eraser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claires hair

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Affinage Eraser?? me what is everyone experiences? ? this is new one on on me:rolleyes:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Affinage Eraser?? me what is everyone experiences? ? this is new one on on me:rolleyes:
[/FONT]
Excellant product, can be reapplied upto 3 times until desired lifting out of tint. As with most it can leave hair porous so always put at least 1 shade lighter than the desired result when you reapply new colour

thanks will give this a try !!!!!!!!!
was thinking 2 good to be true ........
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Fast action, removes artificial colour only, kind to natural hair, improves condition and gives it great shine. Removes all brands of unwanted permanent artificial hair colour, whilst being gentle on the hair" :eek:
[/FONT]

We use at my salon. I've had it applied to my hair and it left it in great condition. I've also had effasor on my hair and the difference between the two is amazing. Sometimes it does need more than one application though.
My hairdresser put an application on her hair and it looked exactly the same after. She was most miffed. She put another application on straight after and it lifted the lot out. In fact, she didn't even put a dye on after cos the colour was so even. You do need to keep an eye on it though and most times it will need a colour on after.

I like it too, easier on the hair than a lot of other ones on the market :hug:

We use vanish and pravana. They all work on the same premise of reopening the hair and allowing you to wash out old color molecules. Beware though, some claim they will not remove natural pigment, yet I find they do. I also put clients under the dryer for maximium cuticle lift.
I do a rinse of 1% after to check for remaining pigment.
Anything that saves a client a bleach bath or stripping is great in my books.:Grope:

right guys need ya help

i have tonight used the affinage eraser on my hair to remove ann the different bits of colours i had in the ends of my hair as i wanted to go back to bright red !!!!!! i have put my colour on and my hair has returned to a horrid dark nuffiness:cry: i can see me having to strip it again tomorrow what have i done wrong xx :hug:

After the process I find that 'testing' the true shade is very important.

Rinse the clean wet hair with 10 volume peroxide, then any and all color still left in the hair will redevelope, and you will see it. This is an extremely important step as reds and oranges (underlying pigments) are usually hiding in there to some degree.

This step will show you what tone you will be trying to neutralize, and always go 2 shades lighter than your target.

i am not convinced about the eraser. the salon i work at has used it twice now on a lady with black hair and a lady with red,both wanted to go lighter. after doing everything that is said on the instructions, the hair at the end of it was exactly the same colour that it was when they came in 6 hrs before!!!!! the colour changes through out the process but then when you use the post eraser it turns it back to original colour.i rang affinage to ask what it was that we were doin wrong and they said that it wont work on some of the home dyes that you get in shops and it depends how much colour build up is in the hair. now i dont get that really as alot of colours that come in are home dyed and half the time they never turn out exactly as they expect. yes it leaves your hair feeling silky soft but it doesnt seem to remove the colour well and the client ends up wasting a day at the salon only to be dissapointed at the end of it.... bleach cleansing works evert time for me. if the hair can take it and you deep condition the hair afterwards it shouldnt damage the hair if done properly.:)

right guys need ya help

i have tonight used the affinage eraser on my hair to remove ann the different bits of colours i had in the ends of my hair as i wanted to go back to bright red !!!!!! i have put my colour on and my hair has returned to a horrid dark nuffiness:cry: i can see me having to strip it again tomorrow what have i done wrong xx :hug:
Did you put 1 even 2 shades lighter than target shade? The cuticles of the hair are wide open after this so it will grab everything put on, but for the same reason it will fade out extremely quick.

I ve found that yes it can seem dissapointing at first but over the next few days that colour will fade. Patience is a virtue:)

Eraser is a teriffic product if you want to get rid of Affinage Infiniti colour.

We have used this product a number of times and have always been disappointed.
We had a lady in last week who wanted to get rid of the red that she'd put in herself. I called Affinage techs to make sure that we could deliver what we promised. I was told that we had to shampoo the product out five or six times for each application and we could apply 6 times. The client was in the salon for four and a half hours and we still had a load of red/dark pink to deal with at the end of it all. We were all really fed up by the end of it.

We called Affinage again and were told that it doesn't work well with reds or blacks, and it doesn't work at all with 'off the shelf' colours that have metallic salts in them - particularly Schwarzkopf Live colours.

We don't 'put right' our own colouring. We put right clients 'colouring'. We need a stripper to remove the colour that clients apply, not our own.
Eraser has a very limited use. It's heartbreaking to do a couple of hours work with Eraser only to watch the colour re-appear at the end of the treatment.

As much as I think that bleach bathing isn't the best option it's a darned sight more practical than using Eraser.

I so wanted Eraser to work. Sadly, it didn't.

For very dark or box colors, it helps to do the bleach bath first....it gets everything loose and open. Washing it out at about a level five and using the eraser then can have great results too. The damage is being done in the higher levels of lift, so to spare that kind of damage is great. Another option for you.

[/FONT]

hi ,

in general i really like like this product but have had a strange thing happen. i had a client with dark hair and used eraser on her and it lifted out brilliantly and didnt sink when i put the post eraser on. she came in 2 weeks later and her hair was greasy and back to how it was before .when she walked in i said " why did you recolour your hair did you not like it". and she said that every time she washed it it kept going darker so in the end she had to stop washing her hair because she didnt want it going darker. i ended up just putting lots of high lights through her hair and a quasi on top . ive never had this happen before and im sure i did the post eraser correctly. and i know shes not the type to lie and try and get refunds or free services. but apart from that incident the positives far outway the negatives.

Eraser is a teriffic product if you want to get rid of Affinage Infiniti colour.

We have used this product a number of times and have always been disappointed.
We had a lady in last week who wanted to get rid of the red that she'd put in herself. I called Affinage techs to make sure that we could deliver what we promised. I was told that we had to shampoo the product out five or six times for each application and we could apply 6 times. The client was in the salon for four and a half hours and we still had a load of red/dark pink to deal with at the end of it all. We were all really fed up by the end of it.

We called Affinage again and were told that it doesn't work well with reds or blacks, and it doesn't work at all with 'off the shelf' colours that have metallic salts in them - particularly Schwarzkopf Live colours.

We don't 'put right' our own colouring. We put right clients 'colouring'. We need a stripper to remove the colour that clients apply, not our own.
Eraser has a very limited use. It's heartbreaking to do a couple of hours work with Eraser only to watch the colour re-appear at the end of the treatment.

As much as I think that bleach bathing isn't the best option it's a darned sight more practical than using Eraser.

I so wanted Eraser to work. Sadly, it didn't.
I'm sure I was told once that the reason they can't guarantee that it removes all colour, us because a lot of the shop bought colours especially fashion shades like live xxxl and feria have a silicone base to them which seals the colour in. And as we all know silicone creates a barrier on the hair, so from what I understand the colour reducers can't break down the silicone to get to the hair to do its job

I'm sure I was told once that the reason they can't guarantee that it removes all colour, us because a lot of the shop bought colours especially fashion shades like live xxxl and feria have a silicone base to them which seals the colour in. And as we all know silicone creates a barrier on the hair, so from what I understand the colour reducers can't break down the silicone to get to the hair to do its job

No, it's because of either two things;
The colour the client used contains metallic salts or
The client has used a direct dye semi which is a completely different molecular make-up and sits outside the cuticle layer.

Following a colour reducer you MUST apply an oxidative colour afterwards but mixing metallic salts with an oxidative colour will cause the hair to snap.

That's why you need to do strand tests including an incompatibility test when you don't know 100% what the client has previously applied.

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/colour-reducers-versus-colour-strippers.315126/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back