Affinage help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren1490

Reaction score
Help needed please! I have used Affinage ice creme to do a full head of highlights, client is a base 5 so used 20 vol at the back and 30 vol on top and left on for 35 mins (has been left a lot longer in the past) . I have done this clients hair 3 times before and I have used exactly the same products (not bought any new ones) and for some reason this time a lot of her hair came out when she washed it off. I took the foils out and no hair came out with the foils, but a few of the packets did swell up, which ice creme doesn't normally do? I would expect normal bleach to but this doesn't normally. She has taken some new medication since I last did her hair but stopped taking them a week ago, could it be a reaction with the medication that has caused this to happen? Or is it something I've done? I just don't understand because I've not used or done anything different on her! I'm so confused and worried, any advice would be much appriciated! Thanks in advance

It could just be coz u used 30vol in foils, is Ice cream bleach?

Is the medication being taken through her hair cuticle?

Do you mix the same each time?

Do you overlap?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know about the medication? And yes exactly the same each time I've done it, and it's been left on a lot longer and never swelled before. Her roots were about an inch long and that's all I coloured I didn't touch any of the ends as her hair is fairly damaged from previous stylists!

I've always used 30vol in foils on her hair because she's so dark and it's never happened before. and it's a bleach with no ammonia in it

So u repeatedly use 30vol with bleach on the top section? I think there's your answer

maybe you should find out if the medication is taken through her cuticle?

I'd do a maximum of 6% in foils

I don't know about the medication? And yes exactly the same each time I've done it, and it's been left on a lot longer and never swelled before. Her roots were about an inch long and that's all I coloured I didn't touch any of the ends as her hair is fairly damaged from previous stylists!

Do you weigh the bleach?

What do you mean by taken through her cuticle? Sorry I don't understand

The ice creme is measured in scoops

The ice creme is measured in scoops

Is this bleach we are talking about or a confectionary treat?

How do you measure the peroxide?

Apart from the 30vol every time :eek: is there snappage visible?

She.could be at her Catagen hair growth stage...I've had a lot of clients over time with hair falling out in handfuls then better in a few weeks

This stage lasts a few weeks and will shed 1 to 2% of dead hair...then go back to normal

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

It's called affinage ice creme, it's a lightener without ammonia so is much kinder to the hair than normal bleach. And it's measured 1 scoop lightener to 2 scoops peroxide

Ammonia is used to lift right? So how does it lift?

Right...did you use affinage Ice cream with the 30vol?

Funny you've kinda made put you've done nothing wrong .....apart from follow manufacturers instructions.

Affinage Ice Crème - Ammonia Free Powder Lightener - up to 8 levels of lift, depending on base colour.
Ice Crème utilises the latest technology in powder lightening, being totally free from ammonia. This new technology is much kinder to the hair producing less swelling, porosity and damage. Ice Crème is suitable for on or off scalp use. Ice Crème does not contain ammonia or other odorous ingredients and therefore allows the use of the Apple (white powder) and Fresh Mint (Blue powder) fragrances. Ice Crème’s dust free on scalp formulation easily mixes to a creamy consistency. This makes for easy application and the product does not dry or flake during the lightening process. Ice Crème is recommended to be used with 3%(10vol) or 6%(20vol) developer. This will give sufficient lift for most hair types and
bases. Ice Crème achieves levels of lift with these developers that are normally associated with using 9%(30vol) and 12%(40vol) developers with traditional bleaches. For on scalp use, we recommend that only 3%(10vol) is used

I've always used 30vol in foils on her hair because she's so dark and it's never happened before. and it's a bleach with no ammonia in it

Ok, re read the instructions you shouldn't be using 30vol with this stuff.

Plus The constant 30vol is also running over tne rest of the hair at the basin probably causing damage...Hair breakage

Attachments

• 1414015253200.jpg
    1414015253200.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 85
Lol CG... That was why I went searching...it was the 30vol with a no ammonia product that rang alarm bells

I know!

So I'm guessing the developer might just have been generic ones.

I've been laughing at "the ice cream is measured in scoops" for about five minutes 😂 such a child

So the fact that they swelled up which this product doesn't do isn't something reacting then? Because it has never happened before.

Latest posts

Back