Affinage help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the fact that they swelled up which this product doesn't do isn't something reacting then? Because it has never happened before.

No, it's probably because you're not using it as stated by manufacturer instruction by using it with a 30vol, which as you can see by 2 above posts you shouldn't be doing, 10 and 20vol only.

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Yeep was just about to say its for use with no higher than 6% i have never had any problems with it causing damage as i have never used with higher strength peroxides, though its not my favourite bleach. On a base 5 with foils 6% is just fine. If anything you should have done the back with 3% and the top with 6% that would have been a better idea.
This is the first port of call for why you would have had breakage. If you switch to using 3% and 6% and you still have problems then come back and we can try and evaluate the issue further.

Last edited:
I'm on my phone so it's less easy to search but I've a feeling that someone encountered a similar problem with the product behaving oddly, swelling etc. a couple of years ago on this forum.

Also, I'm sure the OP has stated that she only applied to fresh root growth and does not overlap the product.

This may sound stupid but is ice cream a bleach or a high lift tint?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Affinage ice cream is a powder lightener

Last edited:
Back in my college years a girl used this product on her friends hair with 9%. Just a few foils. Under heat. For 30mins. Her hair came out with it.
I have used this with 9% on very dark bases. Levels 4 and below and if kept an eye on like a hawk can be fine. But majority of the time always use with 3 & 6% as you still get the same level of lift with these low volumes as you would with the higher ones.

Latest posts

Back