Afro hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L0tus

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have Afro hair booked in with me next week. The only experience I have with Afro hair is relaxing and styling straight.
Also I have never met this client !
I am at a loss no other stylist I work with has experience with Afro hair.
Should I call the client and get her in for a consultation and explain to her my experience ?
Worried and out my depth !

I would figure out first what client wants and then plan from there. For instance does she want a Domincan blowout or some sort of blowout? Trim?

When working with thicker more wirey hair, I like to work in small layers at a time because there is often so much hair. It's easier to section small pieces off at a time.

Hey L0tus,
no need to worry. Afro hair is lovely hair to work with as with Caucasian and Asian hair. You'll have to bear in mind that Afro hair too comes in different textures from wavy hair to very tight curls (kinky curls). During your consultation as you would do just find out what it is the client would like. Definitely check the condition of the hair especially if the client may have had chemicals such as relaxer or colouring. She may want a protective hair style such as hair extensions or braiding. I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine. All the best with your appointment.

Dont panic! Afro is just the same as any other hair just a different texture! Best advice I ever heard so just remember that!! But dont let the client know your not so confident x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't worry it's not as hard as it seems, I miss doing Afro hair it's so much more fun... Maybe find out what she is after before she comes to get more advice!!!

Latest posts

Back