air brush, free hand or stickers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughty nails

Reaction score
Hi
Just wanted to ask with the nail art which does everyone prefere, The designs are so amazing I love nail art.
Do you use air brush? Free hand? or stick ons?
And what is best?
I have medalled a little in my own free hand I am completing the level 2 in nail treatments so it is all new.
Thanks for the pics guys I look taking them all in.:)

i enjoy them both the are very different looks with fisket the lines are crisper than with the stencil
fisket is the purple one and
this one with stencil

IMO, free hand is the best. That is what I mostly do and love and the clients love it. I really need to upload my nail art on here.

I don't mean to step on any ones toes here, and if I do, I so humbly apologize. But I feel that anyone can stick a sticker on a nail and anyone can airbrush. The people that have a lot of flair for creativity, will excel with airbrushing with the complementing colors and unlimited designs. I airbrushed a little bit and found it took too long to change colors and clean up the mess that I made. And trust me....I am graceful and colors went EVERYWHERE!:green:

But the good thing is any one, with or without, artistic talents can do nail art. You just gotta want too!:wink2:

i prefer a combination of frisket tape and freehand, stencils seem to be overdone and are sittin on everyones sample boards in the front window *yawn*

Nail Art Stickers are hottest items for trendy girls. You put your desired design by yourself at home, it instantly decorates your nail without expensive and time consuming nail salon visits

Precisely designed stickers guarantee professional look every time you put in on, it so easy and beautiful, you will tell of your girlfriends how much you love it

here is the samples.

go to http://www.pinkpinkie.com (US based online shop)
sample3.jpg
sample2.jpg

I love both of them,to be one of the best at art to me is to be able to do both of them as you can combine the airbrush and handaint and create some really stunning designs.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

solbebe said:
Nail Art Stickers are hottest items for trendy girls. You put your desired design by yourself at home, it instantly decorates your nail without expensive and time consuming nail salon visits

hmmmmmmm....................obviously you are not a nail tech.

Ignoring the above, i use a combination of both stickers and freehand as i am not that confident with my detail for things like roses and butterflies but i am practising. But in the meantime i need to be able to provide this service to my clients so i use the stickers to get a professional look. I also apply a UV topcoat over the top and find this helps with the longevity of the art.

i love stickers but i also love shell,glitter dried floweres etc.
I cant draw for toffee but am ok at dots lol
You can do nice flowere with dots!!!
I bought the digi nail art machine in london last week so when I get it Ill post some pics to show you the results.

Nafia said:
i enjoy them both the are very different looks with fisket the lines are crisper than with the stencil
fisket is the purple one and
this one with stencil

Hi Nafia your fisket purple design looks fab. I was just wondering what fisket is. Sorry if i have just shown huge nail tech ignorance:lol:

Last year I saw a girl demo an airbrush machine with some really clever low tack small retangular clear stencils which I havent been able to find anywhere again:cry: I wonder if these are simular to your fisket?

First time I have used the site and am loving all the chat and learning loads from other Geeks.

Manxcat
Isle of Man

luv2getnailed said:
IMO, free hand is the best. That is what I mostly do and love and the clients love it. I really need to upload my nail art on here.

I don't mean to step on any ones toes here, and if I do, I so humbly apologize. But I feel that anyone can stick a sticker on a nail and anyone can airbrush. The people that have a lot of flair for creativity, will excel with airbrushing with the complementing colors and unlimited designs. I airbrushed a little bit and found it took too long to change colors and clean up the mess that I made. And trust me....I am graceful and colors went EVERYWHERE!:green:

But the good thing is any one, with or without, artistic talents can do nail art. You just gotta want too!:wink2:
no to offend u but i find that once you master some thin if isn't has hard as you think take airbrushing once you because i spray a lot of black and white i have separate brushes take the second design this is where knowing the color wheel helps you don't put ten drops of Color in there should do all ten you be running out and then put the next color in and repeat until have you desires look then you can lay you stencil and spray the black . however i mostly use combination of all the ab and hand painting the are some examples in my gallery

I enjoy freehand 3d acrylic art. I haven't airbrushed before (no demand for it here). I don't like how some salons airbrush the white tips for french. I think that's sorta cheating IMO, same with white plastic tips (but that's another thread). I think the detailed airbrushing can be cool if done right. I like stickers but don't use them much. Right now inlaying dried flowers and confetti's are my fav.

Solbebe's post sounds like an advertisement.........yeah I agree with donna, I don't think she's a tech either

Latest posts

Back