air brushing problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie01895

Reaction score
I have recently purchased an airbrush (focus) and am using Su do paints - I have airbrushed a few nails and used the base and sealer, but the paint seemed to wear (and chip) the next day and the paint cracked on the thumb (although toes are fine!) - what am I doing wrong? I have also dabbled in body art, again using su do body paint, but the tatoos only last 24 hours instead of 5 days. I would be grateful for any advice

Sue

The best person to talk to about this is Rachel aka Chocolate, the master of airbrushing. But i do know that if your paint is too wet then the nails will crack and chip.
The body art one is strange because mine stays on for 5 days no problem. Do you put the powder on the art when finished because that seals it? Also make sure you dont spray the paint on wet. If you pm Rachel im sure she can answer you better then i have....lol

suzie01895 said:
I have recently purchased an airbrush (focus) and am using Su do paints - I have airbrushed a few nails and used the base and sealer, but the paint seemed to wear (and chip) the next day and the paint cracked on the thumb (although toes are fine!) - what am I doing wrong? I have also dabbled in body art, again using su do body paint, but the tatoos only last 24 hours instead of 5 days. I would be grateful for any advice

Sue

Hi

My tips are to 'lick' the free edge of the nail with the top coat to help seal the airbrushing. Also, the cracking could be caused if you use a spray on varnish through your airbrush before you apply top coat. I find that if I spray on the varnish too fast/much/close then the paint gets a cracked effect.

You need to make sure you coat the top of the free edge with your clear top coat, also try and sell this to the customer as they need to re-apply it a few days later to prevent the free edge wearing down. Also it probably cracked as the airbrush paint was not fully dry

I have recently added airbrushed body art to my services, I find it's much to do with the control of the airgun. For me, getting the right air pressure along with controlling the flow of paint. The trick is to spray the paint into the clients skin dry, rather than dripping wet therefore control is the key here.There is also a setting spray which is very useful.

Latest posts

Back