Air Bubbles in Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly83

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Sometimes I am noticing tiny little air bubbles in my acrylic when I have finished applying the acrylic and have filed & buffed, how do I get rid of these? I know its in the application stage of the acrylic, but I don't know what I am doing wrong?!? Any help would be great Thanks!!!

The 3 main causes of bubbles in the polymerized enhancement are ....

Patting the bead too much with your brush instead of pressing and smoothing.

Not releasing all the air from your brush before you start working ... make sure your brush is well loaded with monomer and squeezed out well before starting to make your beads.

and the most important one ... after placing the bead on the nail ... PAUSE .. for a couple of seconds and let the product 'do its thing' and settle slightly before starting to 'work' the bead.

Voilà ... no more bubbles.

BY THE WAY ... WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

Do you press out the brush in your monomer liquid to release any bubbles trapped in it?...this can help....

But I have seen some tech's swirl their brushes in their monomer...WHY??..this would create bubbles!!

Also make sure you are using the correct mix ratio...as both too wet and too dry can cause bubbles....
Also you need to make sure that you are Pressing and Smoothing your product onto the nail surface...this will eliminate any bubbles you may have...Don't pat the product as this will again cause bubbles....so remember Correct mix ratio and Press & Smooth!! HTH

Thanks heaps :) !! I havent been getting all the air bubbles out of my brush properly, Oopps!! But that is going to help alot Thanks for the tips guys:) !!

Hey guys im doing a course and im stuck on this one question
  1. How do you eliminate air bubbles during your product re-application as an infill?

i know how to eliminate during the first application however not an infill i may be overthinking this question for how its worded however id like to know all your thoughts

Latest posts

Back