Air bubbles in gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracyd

Reaction score
hi there

i am practicing gel nails and i have done my first few and they have air bubbles in them, i am using the edge gel. please could you explain why this might be happening.

i would be gratefull for any advice.

many thanks

How big are the air bubbles you're seeing?

Do you not see them when you apply your bead to the nail?
If you do then you can 'stab' them with your brush and they usually pop.

You could be overworking the gel, adding air to your gel pot when you pick up a bead of gel or not letting the gel settle in the pot after stirring it (if you do stir your gel).

I think you're probably working your gel too much once you've placed it on the nail. Try to use an extremely gentle touch and only on the surface of the gel as if you were "floating" your gel brush over the product.

As well, make sure you're not fiddling around with the gel in the pot.

If your pot is full of bubbles, you could place it on your paraffin one day when you're not using it and they may rise to the top.

Take care!

thankyou,
the bubbles are tiny and can only see them when i look closely.i may be over working the gel as i am new to this and was a bit stuck as to how many layers of gel 1 nail has. i have done 2 layers for both the pink/clear and the white.

i will keep practicing, i am new to this as i to the tip and overlay with backscratchers and have done for a long time but feel it is time to be an all rounder!!

Is this a gel cured under a uv lamp? Sometimes the top layer of gel could bubble if the previous layer was not cured completely before you applied the next layer. If this is the case, how long has it been since you changed your bulbs as this may be the reason why the gel didn't cure properly.:)

thankyou,
the bubbles are tiny and can only see them when i look closely.i may be over working the gel as i am new to this and was a bit stuck as to how many layers of gel 1 nail has. i have done 2 layers for both the pink/clear and the white.

i will keep practicing, i am new to this as i to the tip and overlay with backscratchers and have done for a long time but feel it is time to be an all rounder!!

Bubbles have nothing to do with how many layers you put on, I agree with the others, I'd say that you are overworking the gel.

i heat my gels when it is cold using a candle warmer/coffee cup warmer that you can find at a Walgreens, CVS or candle aisle...i leave it on for approx 2 min and never have a problem...gel is soft enough that you never have to stretch and make peaks to be able to float...Brenda

many thanks for your replys, i will try again when im feeling a bit better....the bug has got me and im a bit poorly. thanks again all for your time and advice x

Latest posts

Back