Airbrush Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi xx

I am thinking of investing in an airbrush, well my family were gonna club together and get me one for Xmas. Bless.

What I don't understand is this psi thing. I know its something to do with the pressure etc but what is the ideal psi for airbrushing and any good recommendations of airbrushes would be cool. I heard the badger and the iwata are supposed to be good, need some help here geeks x

Sarah Lou said:
Hi xx

I am thinking of investing in an airbrush, well my family were gonna club together and get me one for Xmas. Bless.

What I don't understand is this psi thing. I know its something to do with the pressure etc but what is the ideal psi for airbrushing and any good recommendations of airbrushes would be cool. I heard the badger and the iwata are supposed to be good, need some help here geeks x
Hiya

psi stands for pounds per sqaure inch...........for airbrushing nails i think its about 25 to 30 for the body it should be no higher than 7

HTH

Amanda

Sarah Lou said:
Hi xx

Hi,

I have the Iwata and have had no problems with it try doing a search for airbrushes i'm sure lots will come up.

Sarah Lou said:
Hi xx

I brought a good airbrush from Ebay brand new in a nice box from Folley Models, they cost Buy it now £39.99, there nice quality for the price. He sells the compressors at a good price too, but instead of using a compressor I decided to connect mine upto a Co2 Gas canister, because there's no noise. Plus its more cost effective, as the canister is cheap to refill, you can get the gas from Aquarium shops.

Dawn

had this conversation the other day about psi... and i quote ffeom su-do's sim air operating instructions... "recommednded pressure for body art 20psi and nail art 35-45 psi".... it depends on the paint it goes on to say cos i know if i do nails at 20 the paint is so slow! it may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer so check... this is what i was taught at Su-do's head office also...

Latest posts

Back