Airbrushed french manicure keep peeling off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haydenamzy

Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone offer me any advise, when using my airbrush to do a simple french manicure white tip, it seems to peel away after a day. I use creative stickey base coat and also a looks wet top coat, to seal the deisgn.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance
x

Is this on enhancements or on natural nails? Is the surface of the nail prepared correctly beforehand?

What are your steps and we may be able to identify any problem areas.

are you using a top coat designed for airbrushing if not this could be why your design doesnt last.
or you may be spraying to wet just a thought

It is usually worse on natural nails, I apply a base coat (stickey) and then apply the french manicure via my airbrush, allow this to dry and then apply a natural french colour on top of this and then apply a good top coat..thats it!

I think my top coat is ok, as it allows my designs on enhancements to last for weeks, however on natural nails it peels off within a day. I also spray it quite dry....

Thanks

It does depend on the quality of the natural nails - if they are very flexible then they could pull away from the coating.

When varnishing or airbrushing I do the following:
scrubfresh
basecoat - I too use Stickey
if airbrushing - apply the design - if doing a french then I do the pink after the Stickey rather than after the white - personally I dont like the pink over the white.
Then I apply an airbrushed top coat
Then I apply a coat of another shiney/quick drying top coat.

When doing the topcoats, make sure you "cap" the free edge, this seals the design at the edge and will make it last longer.

i allways do a mini manicure on natural nails before airbrushing
i prep just like i would do if i was doing enhancements
cuticle work
prepare the natural nail and scrubfresh
i find my airbrushing lasts ages if i do this.
and i ask my client to topcoat again when they get home then every other day

I use Sudo airbrush colours for nail art, and always use their base and top coats, as I thought that you had to use these for it to work.... Is this not the case??? can you use any base and top coat??? I use Sticky and out the door for my normal enamel..

I also have a problem with my white, as when I do a french airbrush on natural nails it often cracks as the top coat is applied, even though I am very thorough with prep and not spraying too wet.... does anyone have a solution!!

sometimes when i spray my varnish sealer (media) if i spray too much it crazes, if i only spray very lightly then top coat carefully over the top (media again) i find it is a lot better. hth x

I find that on natural nails, an application of 'primer' before base coat and airbrushing works wonders!

When l do airbrushing on the natural nails l always remove the shine from them first then the base coat - when thats dry l do my designs or french - then the airbrush coat l spray about 8" away and a very light mist to all the nails to avoid cracking. then the top coat - anyone tried the quick dry top coat from Avon - it is brilliant, one of the perks of being an avon lady you get to see the deals first. ;)

I've just discovered Heatwave from Palms nails. It is a top coat you need to cure under a light or uv lamp (it airdries as well, but takes longer).I use it right at the end over the airbrush topcoat and it becomes permanent. You get a glass like look and it is strong, but does'nt need buffing off, you just use nail polish remover to take it off. I found that I don't get any chipping or peeling and the customers are happy.

Aylinx

I have never tryed the airbrush varnish? Is it any good? Do you spray this the varnish on the nail and then apply a top coat like super shiney?

Latest posts

Back