Akzentz question, please and thank you.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artsy Canadian

Reaction score
So I got myself a trial kit of the classic gel system and a question I forgot to ask the reps when I saw them was can I apply akzentz over top of exsisting acrylic and have it wear successfully? I ask this because my current gel system doesn't seem to adhere to the acrylic. I 'm having to re-do a rebalance I did the other day (done with brisa over INM acrylic) because the product isn't sticking to the acrylic....so when I re-do them tomorrow, I wonder if Akzentz will do better or if I need to remove and re-apply, or just stick with acrylic.
Thanks in advance!

Hi...most gels will adhere to L&P but the surface of the L&P must be finished to a 180 for the gel to grab....HTH

If the acrylic has a good grab on the nail you should be okay, but if you have lifting in most nails i would remove before applying.

Hi...most gels will adhere to L&P but the surface of the L&P must be finished to a 180 for the gel to grab....HTH
hrm I use a carbide bit on my e-file to take down the bulk of the product then prep the growth with my 180 file...I guess I thought my carbide would of given me a good enough surface for the product to adhere to....I'll give it another go!
thanks

I used Akzentz classic gels over existing acrylic(even MMA) with success.
After debulking with your carbide bit use medium sanding band over existing acrylic ,remove dust and apply Affix it.Let it dry for a minute, then apply Bonding gel very thin (if you apply it thick it will cause lifting. Then proceed with the rest of your application.

Latest posts

Back