Akzentz soak off - Infill and file or best to soak off and start again?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewNailsbyJulie

Reaction score
Well,

client has natural nail overlay with Akzentz clear soak-off gel which I have just started offering. She is coming back on tuesday as she wants me to add a white area to cover her 'ikky' looking free edges which are of a 'peeling' nature!

I did a practice on my business partners thumb which had no free edge but looked quite fab (even if a bit 'toe' like!)! I used a buff-off gel for the white free edge which I sandwiched between 2 layers of the soak-off gel.

This all soaked off brilliantly in 10 minutes, wrapped in foil, but previous to that I had a go at filing as if doing an infill on a client and needing to tidy up any lifting etc. But this was not easy, I was getting nowhere with a 240 file so tried a 180 which made a slight 'impact' but was a bit too harsh I thought!

So, my question is...should I always try to file for an infill when using soak-off (eek, this would take forever!) or should I simply soak it all off every time (every 2 or 3 weeks?)

My client used to have Bio-sculpture before and wasn't keen at having it soaked off too often when I last saw her, she said she thought it wasn't good for her nails! But if it's the foil method the tip remover is only touching the gel for most of the time and is not soaking through into the natural nail for the whole of the 10 minutes?

You shouldn't have to soak off every visit...and your client is right, too much soaking off can dry the nails out.

I can understand if clients have a colour soak off gel and want a new colour...but clear/french you should be able to infill/rebalance.

I use the akzentz (buff off) gels and they file beautifully....maybe you could try those instead for you french ??....my clients have been having infillls/rebalances for 4 years or more with no need for a removal.

I see what you are saying, but my client requested the soak-off gel and my issue is that it is very hard to file off, very 'rubbery' (and it will end up taking me so long for very little reward, money-wise) but I know soak-off gels can differ from each other.

some soak off gels can be hard to file due to the rubbery feel of the gels....I wouldn't worry about using a 180 for filing if it helps as your only filing on the gel....not the nail. I honestly think you will find the non soak Akzentz much better for clients who want that permanent french...

Latest posts

Back