All over colour or highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe30

Reaction score
hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice from you professionals. I'm trying to go blonde, and have had a full head of highlights, but I'm still a long way off where I want to be colour wise, and having to wait 8 weeks in between colour appointments, this is going to take forever. Is it possible to do an all over tint to take me to a light blonde? Or would it have to be bleach. I'll attach pic of my hair and where I want to get to, and any help is massively appreciated :)

Thanks,
Chloé

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 56
Your hair is already a light blonde judging by the picture. Are you looking for something almost white?

Highlights are usually recommended to reduce the obvious re-growth line that you will have inbetween appointments and offer multi-dimensional tones and an overall more natural look.

Presumably, you've been advised to wait 8 weeks between appointments so that they can lighten the regrowth. Do you feel that you still have too much warmth in your hair with your natural still showing?

Bleach with a low volume of developer is much kinder to the hair than tint with a high volume of developer. With your highlights, were they a mix of bleach and tint? If you asked for ashy tones, you need to understand that Ash tones can seem darker than gold tones.

Were you happy with the colour when you left the salon? Definitely take several pictures with you next time so that the colourist knows exactly what look you're trying to achieve.

Hi, thank you for your response :) it was just highlights, I think it looks lighter in the pic, I want it a nice light blonde but not platinum, natural but light if that makes sense. I just don't want to get it blonde asap, and I'm not sure the best way to go about it, I'm attaching another pic x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back