Allergic reaction to some gel colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
My client has been having bio gel overlay for a few months and the last couple of times she has had a allergic reaction.

The first time i had done her ring finger a different colour and the ring fingers had a reaction but the rest of the fingers were fine.

Then the second time she had a reaction on all fingers (I don't think she had that particular colour before)

I'm not sure if it's just certain colours as she wasn't having the reaction At first. She said she has been allergic to gels in the past but she used to have bio and was fine with it. She was having shellac with me which is completely fine but we changed to bio as it lasts longer.

What should I do? Do I keep track of colours she is allergic to and not use them? Or is there something I can do to try avoid a reaction- maybe leave more of a gap between skin/cuticle?

If anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it.

Change brands
She will probably react to all bio products now

Really but she was fine for ages it's so strange!

It’s quite common for allergies to build gradually following repeat exposure to a specific substance. It sounds like your client has become allergic to an ingredient in the bio gel.
Chances are, she will be allergic to other brands inc. Shellac in time, so you need to be vigilant for signs of a reaction.

She's become allergic to gels and it's most likely your fault. Using sub par products with different gel lamps has led to her development of a reaction.

Latest posts

Back