Allergic to eyelash extension glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucia23

Reaction score
hi! I have a client who has had eyelash extensions for like a year and about 4 months ago she developed sole kind of allergy(swollen lid,itchyness etc) we removed the lashes and tried again about a week ago with a hypoallergenic glue but she had the same reaction! Does anyone know what can we do? Or what brand of glue should i use? Because she loves the lashes and i dont want to lose a client because its the first time something like this has happened. Thank you!

Allergies can occur at any time, even with something that you come in contact with a lot. I don't think there is anything you can do to be honest. I have also had this with a client, she can no longer have eyelash extensions x

This unfortunately happened to me a few years ago after about 5 months of wearing lashes ☹️ My eyes swelled almost completely shut and it felt like chillies in my eyes when they were removed. It took about three weeks to go down, even with antihistamine.

Whilst I appreciate that ingredients may have changed and that I don't know exactly what it was I was allergic to within the glue, at the time I researched, the ingredient I was likely to have had the reaction to was present in all lash glues, sensitive or otherwise and the general consensus was that once this allergy has built up, you will always be allergic.

I loved my lashes too as they can look amazing but after this reaction, I would never risk having them again.

Allergies can develop after time (over exposure) all lash glues have a main ingredient (can't remember it's name) and unfortunately once allergic to one you're allergic to all and your client needs to be aware if she cuts herself and goes to hospital she has to tell them because the glue they glue cuts with apparently also contains it xx

Acrylates are in eyelash glue and it's a very common allergen

Acrylates are also in nail enhancement products so it might be a build up of exposure to several sources that can eventually trigger a reaction.

I have an allergy but I am allergic to the carbon black so I can still have my lashes done but with a clear adhesive.
Most people are allergic to the cyanoacrylate and I am currently in the testing stage of a cyanoacrylate free adhesive that we are hoping will work well so fingers crossed!

I have an allergy but I am allergic to the carbon black so I can still have my lashes done but with a clear adhesive.
Most people are allergic to the cyanoacrylate and I am currently in the testing stage of a cyanoacrylate free adhesive that we are hoping will work well so fingers crossed!

Out of interest what is this glue your trying out. And can you let me know if it works? One of my clients are extremely allergic to that same ingredient. Would love to know!! Thanks [emoji5]️

Out of interest what is this glue your trying out. And can you let me know if it works? One of my clients are extremely allergic to that same ingredient. Would love to know!! Thanks [emoji5]️
Hi, this is my own brand adhesive. We are early stages testing it and the retention will not b as long but we are making tweaks as we go along :)

Ah that’s good! Well if I’m honest the client is my mom [emoji23][emoji23] she’s got very sensitive eyes but even sensitive glue doesn’t help her. It’s that stupid ingredient. So far we’ve had to result to occasional lash glue. As you know that doesn’t last long at all! But so far that’s all that works for her, would love to find an alternative so I don’t have to keep infilling every 4-6 days [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back