Allergy patch testing for eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a new lash tech and something I wasnt taught in my course is how to do an allergy test on a client...can someone tell me how to do one? I did hear one person tell me to put some glue on the inside of their wrist, (just a drop), let it sit for 5-10 min and see if they have any reaction? Not sure if this sounds right? Also should allergy tests be done on every new client you get, even if they have previously had extensions from another tech in the past? Thanks ladies:)

I think you attach one lash to a natural lash with the glue you will be using as this is the area they would have any potential reaction?

I was trained to place 2/3 small length lashes (8mm) on the outer lashes on each eye. However each insurance is different so you may want to check with your insurer and possibly get in writing to what is sufficient for them.
Also, to be sure you're covered properly with your insurance, I would do a patch test on each new client, regardless of whether they've had them done elsewhere before and each time you change your supplier/brand of any product you use (be it glue, lashes etc)

I'm not a lash tech but have had them previously.

The salon placed a tiny bit of glue behind my ear, same as a tiny test really, and told me to get in contact if there was any reaction within 48hours. She did say that if I was going to have a reaction it would present itself quite quickly but I wasn't asked to wait for 5-10 minutes while it did, if that makes sense?

Hi everyone thanks for your replies:)

The glue must not come into contact with the skin

If you test on the skin you are going against the manufacturers guide lines on most lash glues which could then invalidate your insurance

Apply 2-3 ee onto the nl on outer corner of each eye

Latest posts

Back