Allergy testing for Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnailart

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I was talking to a friend of mine and she found out a couple of years ago that she is allergic to nail polish.
She didn't want plain nails for her wedding so had Shellac instead. She said that the salon did a patch test first to be on the safe side and she was fine with it, had Shellac for her wedding with no problems.
She enquired about my prices but has not yet made a booking.
I am a bit concerned that, should she make a booking, that the patch test was a few years ago. I would feel much happier knowing for sure that she won't have a reaction.
I know that Shellac has a low risk of allergies, but I am interested to know how you would go about doing a patch test for this type of thing. (A small patch on one nail?? I didn't get chance to ask how they did it.) Or should she have a doctor's note? Obviously I would need to check with my insurance first, but just curious on your thoughts. Thanks xx

You may find this interesting: http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=190267

Personally, I'd do a test nail and leave it 72hrs. Make sure to note on your consultation card that she's allergic to something in nail polish and that you have done a test nail. Get her to sign it. :)

Thanks! Interesting thread. Will give it a good read tonight. xx
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back