Allowable capital expenditure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro-Beauty

Reaction score
What Allowable Capital expenditure items should I include if I am a sole trader with a beauty salon at home?

Thanks anyone;)

I'd advise you to book an hour with an accountant but don't expect the accountant to make suggestions unless they have several similar clients. Instead have a list of questions prepared and ask "can I claim this" "how do I make sure I qualify for that?" And so on. You need to put a case forward and explain how an item is a business cost - don't leave the accountant with the impression that you are trying to blag a tax allowance off your personal stuff.

You should be thinking about the use of your washing machine and tumble dryer and things like fridge space, kettle etc. Office areas - computer equipment, desk etc. Telephone and answer phone. Furniture that clients use in a waiting area, redecoration in entrance hallways, possibly a bit of your garden costs - planters maybe? Very often there is a flat "use of home" amount that you could claim.

This would be on top of the cost of electrical and redecoration of your home salon areas and the purchases of capital items used in the salon areas.

Latest posts

Back