Am I too old to train, where to train?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started training at 31 too, I always wanted to do something with beauty but to work for myself. I now find I have more patience and more of a perfectionist :) good luck x x

Your never too old go for it!! I started my training at 30 and love every minute of it and really wish I could of done it a lot sooner, I'm qualified In tanning and currently studying beauty therapy level 2 and nail tech I start level 3 in September 😀 can't wait! Good luck with your new venture x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes deffo domt choose cheap just as it is what u can afford. My advice is save as much as possible. The better the course, the more u can charge as soon as u qualify xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Go for it I was 33 when I retrained and I have never looked back 20 years on I'm still doing beauty therapy in my own salon and love it . Always do the best courses you can afford and keep learning. Best of luck for you new career

Hi & Welcome - I like you have no prior experience in nails, worked in an office environment for the last 20 years and art was probably one of my least favourite subjects at school - but I have a passion for beautiful nails. Qualified 2 weeks ago in CND Naturally at 41 years old. All the best x

I found it for u, have a look at Creative Academy + Bournemouth, they are on Facebook but prob have a website too x

I am 56 and newly trained so if I can do it anyone can. I work full time in an office and hoping to build business alongside my day job for a few months then hopefully semi retire and do nails just a few days a week......good luck to you

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you everyone for all your replies x I am now booked on to a CND beginners course :))) totally nervous but excited at the same time x back to being the new girl again! Thanks for your input x

Good luck xx I've got my first Shellac course on Friday. Eeek! :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi welcome to salon geek, I'm 27 and training in nails, I worked in hospital before that but when I went on maternity leave I decided to have a change in career and train. It's been the best thing I've done I always wanted to do nails and beauty but kept putting it off I'm so glad I'm finally training and doing something I love :) there are people of all ages in my class so you will be fine ! Good luck and enjoy :)

Good luck to you too x x

I trained as a complete novice at 42yrs and I'm loving every minute if it. Wish I'd took the plunge years ago. Good luck and enjoy x

I was also 41 when started training ....... Your never to old x good luck x

I'm 29 and doing a sally salon nails for beginner course next month, no salon experience only thing I have is missing about with stuff and watching videos on utube I say go for it you only live once in my eyes!!!!!! Good luck

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi huni, I did just what you are thinking of doing. I was 31 at the time I gave up a well paid job company car etc!

And signed up on the CND complete course, I qualified in jan and I love what I do and glad I went with CND as their course is amazing and tells you EVERYTHING you need to know. I would recommend chatting to sweetsquared to find out more.

I 100% do not regret taking this massive jump, I love going to work know. It's so refreshing. If you want to chat message me. X

Thank you x sounds great :) are you enjoying your new career? Are you working from a salon or for yourself? Xx

Good luck! I was also in the same boat. Worked in HR for 10 years most recently as a Business Analyst which was really well paid but was travelling around the UK like a crazy person and decided I wanted a complete change last year. Was 30 and lucky enough had the support from my hubby to be able to leave my job and take some time to figure out what I wanted to do and have never been happier. Set up my home salon end of January and so far it's going well :)

Thank you meira x You are all filling me with so much hope and excitement! Sounds great you took the plunge and are loving it :) Hopefully this will be me soon :)

I was 34 when I trained last year ! Never too old ! Also remember there are quite a lot of clients out there who don't like nail art, most of mine like plain nails but I can talk a few of them into having glitter, foils, crystals, stamping sometimes haha

Good luck !

Latest posts

Back