American exclusive products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelouise93

Reaction score
Do any of you geeks know of any products, treats available in the states that we cant get here in the UK?

Im off on holidays for 3 weeks to Florida & would like to bring maybe sample sized products etc back to use for a promotion?

Thanks
Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get yourself to the wal mart family salon and stock up on redken products I always do when I'm over there way cheaper than in the uk

I don't think Verb or Onesta are available outside of the US yet.

Get yourself to the wal mart family salon and stock up on redken products I always do when I'm over there way cheaper than in the uk

Even cheaper from CosmoProf or SalonCentric. ;)

I don't think Verb or Onesta are available outside of the US yet.

Even cheaper from CosmoProf or SalonCentric. ;)
I couldn't find one of those in orlando! It's a good job though the cost of exta luggage coming back to the uk would have been crazy!!!

The only problem with saloncentric and cosmoprof though, don't you have to become a member to buy stuff, and don't you need a licence to register? In the uk we don't have licenses, do you think a certificate would suffice?

Yes, i think that a copy of your certificate would work. I can't imagine that wouldn't suffice.

Yes, i think that a copy of your certificate would work. I can't imagine that wouldn't suffice.

I think I need a trip to the US!!!

Who needs to go to Disney or Universal when you can go to salon centric!

I could probably spend all day in saloncentric i would imagine!

I could probably spend all day in saloncentric i would imagine!

Same! Would spend loads on Redken shades EQ and redken shampoo and conditioner!

I'm not sure if CosmoProf or SalonCentric would accept a UK certificate. They might...all you can do is try!

I've used Verb...I really like it, and a bit of Onesta, but only on myself. I currently use O&M, however.

I'm not sure if CosmoProf or SalonCentric would accept a UK certificate. They might...all you can do is try!

I've used Verb...I really like it, and a bit of Onesta, but only on myself. I currently use O&M, however.

Say they didn't, and someone who qualified in the uk moved to us, would they have to re-qualify or can you just get a licence?

Say they didn't, and someone who qualified in the uk moved to us, would they have to re-qualify or can you just get a licence?

That really depends on which state you moved to. They all have different licensing requirements. Some may make you go back to school, re-take the exams, etc. It all depends on the state and your actual situation.

That really depends on which state you moved to. They all have different licensing requirements. Some may make you go back to school, re-take the exams, etc. It all depends on the state and your actual situation.

Hmm thats a bit silly i think. Obviously theres situations where it isn't silly but for the most part i think its silly, we'd have to pay for the education too wouldn't we?

Go to Ulta and look around! I don't know all of the brands that aren't available in the UK vs. here in the US. Even though Ulta is open to everyone, they have loads of smaller sized products.

Hmm thats a bit silly i think. Obviously theres situations where it isn't silly but for the most part i think its silly, we'd have to pay for the education too wouldn't we?

The silly part comes in when you try to move from state to state and the requirements trip you up. ;) Yes, you probably would. Most states work on an hours system...in mine, North Carolina, you have to do 1,500 hours in school. Many will let you use a certain number of work hours to count for so many education hours.

I had to have my US qualifications evaluated when I moved back to the UK.

Latest posts

Back