American OPI lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohemianivy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy an American OPI led lamp and use it in the uk with a plug adaptor. They have discontinued there black lamp and the white one isn't great in my opinion. Found a black one but it's American. Far as I can tell the lamp is universal . But the pug is different but the transformer it plugs into says 100-240 ??? Any ideas?

Does anyone know if you can buy an American OPI led lamp and use it in the uk with a plug adaptor. They have discontinued there black lamp and the white one isn't great in my opinion. Found a black one but it's American. Far as I can tell the lamp is universal . But the pug is different but the transformer it plugs into says 100-240 ??? Any ideas?

The voltage will no doubt be different, and could be a potential fire risk, so is it really worth it?

Electrical items that have a 110 - 240v could be used anywhere as long as the wattage in your country falls within that range and can be used without needing an additional converter, only thing you will need is the correct plug adapter for your wall socket/plug points over there.

With that being said, if you purchase something like a lamp from the US, as soon as it leaves American soil you loose your warranty and if there are any issues with the lamp you won't be covered locally

The white one has been redesigned and now has a count down timer like the black one and vents and fans to keep temp down. I'm much happier with it than the previous white one. X

Thank you everyone for your comments. I asked an electrician and he said I just needed to change the wire with the plug on to uk extension. The extension provided is suitable for 120v so would Need to buy 240v lead. Has the adapter so it's totally safe to use in UK. But as you said it wouldn't have warranty.

Latest posts

Back