Amlodipine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybird

Reaction score
I've just been prescribed this drug for my high blood pressure. Just wondering if any Geeks have experience (good or bad) of taking it?
I know not everyone get the side effects but having read a bit online it sounds like a lot of people get bad side effects!!

Thanks in advance

Elaine
Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

BP medication is very individual, and other people's experiences in a way aren't significant.

I've been through the lot. In the main they've been changed by my doctor or consultant because my BP has still been very high, and although I know they have had a marked effect on my energy levels I haven't had other huge probs. I have to be honest and say that the one you've queried was the one I felt really ill on, but again it was because my BP had gone dangerously high.

I'm currently on a cocktail of 3 meds. I would say it's not unusual to find it's a bit trial and error when you are starting out.

I really wish you well with your health. Look at other ways to lower your BP. Identify why it is up, and then look at what you can alter. Hope all goes well. x

I've just been prescribed this drug for my high blood pressure. Just wondering if any Geeks have experience (good or bad) of taking it?
I know not everyone get the side effects but having read a bit online it sounds like a lot of people get bad side effects!!

Thanks in advance

Elaine

The first thing to do is step away from the internet for medical issues! You will have an official leaflet in your box and this is what you need to read and focus on. Usually the side effects go in order of what is most common, so the first one you read will be the most common and each one you read along the list will lessen etc.
All reported issues have to be noted and documented on the leaflets, even if there is no connection to the drug whatsoever.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry.

Thanks ladies - the most important thing is that it'll control my BP :)

Dandelionpoppy - I'm already on ramipril and gp added this one today as my BP is still high...

I'm not usually a hypochondriac lol!

Will monitor it in the next few weeks....

Latest posts

Back