An insurance question.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaD_uk

Reaction score
Hi all
I finally bit the bullet after 6 months of research, yes I have booked my nail technician course starts next week. I am so very excited I could just burst.
Right I am not under the illusion that I am going to be able to do a fab set of nails straight away but I do want to practice on live victims. I have lots of friends chomping at the bit for me to practice on but I would still like to get insurance. Where should I go for this. The company I am training with is recognised by BABTAC and The guild of professional Beauty Therapists. I have looked at both these sites and also CIBTAC and VCTC but I can honestly say I am a bit baffled. Any help or advice would be great.
In my haste forgot to say
Thanks All
Lisa
XXXX

I may be wrong but I think you do have to have completed the course before you can get insurance, double check with your training company they may know different perhaps there is some sort of student cover.

Joan

Sorry I'm such a pillock, I did mean after I have done the course. I know that even after completing the course most techs consider themselves to still be training(thats the vibe I get from here) but you are given a certificate to say you've qualified.
Thanks pennijar
Lisa
xxxx

I just got a reminder today from the Guild to say that my insurance expires on the 1st March... but checked out the link. There is no difference between the Guild and Professional Beauty except £45 :eek:

The cover is £2'000.00 for each of them.

I know who I'll be going with this year!!!

Thanks to you all for prompt replys. Am gratefull for any help.
Thanks
Lisa
xxxx

Usually where ever you train on the last week they get you to fill out a form with an insurance company so ask the place where you are learning if they do this

i can highly recommend Professional Beauty, i have been with them for years.

Hi,

If the course is accredited by the Guild, you should be able to get insurance once you have completed it. To find out about all the benefits of being a Guild member, click here.

We can also offer student insurance, which covers you for certain case studies whilst you are learning. Click here for details.

Latest posts

Back