Angel Academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stook

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm currently just doing nails but would like to branch out a bit. I've had a few clients ask me about doing microdermabrasion and I've found this bunch.

http://www.angel-academy.co.uk/beautydpmicroderm.php

Does anyone know anything about them or have any insight into whether they're good to train with? I really don't want to waste my money.

Comments? Good/bad/indifferent?

Thanks

Erm, I wouldn't get that machine if I were you! (The one they offer as part of a course) The course is a Babtac one, so if you don't already have at least level 2 beauty therapy then worth checking it's covered by your insurance. Do you have a facial qual?

No, I don't have any college qualifications. All my studies have been nail via S2 and the Creative Beauty co but they're selling this hard and it didn't feel quite right.

Is that machine not great? Everything I've seen seems quite expensive in comparison to,this which is why I thought I'd question it. Thanks

I wouldn't get that machine either, I'd do a bit of research on a few machines before I buy one, plenty of advice/info on here about various machines.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a miss - I think from what I've read that is need a college qualification which I don't have. I've been asked about this and lashes in the past few weeks so I'll have a look at lashes.

Love the idea of microdermabrasion but wouldn't want to buy rubbish and submit clients to substandard machinery. I've only ever studied with the best companies and wouldn't want to sully my hard earned reputation.

Thank you

Yes that's the way to go, and it's the basic level 2 facial qualification you'll need (lots of private trainers do this too) then level 3, and you're good to go for all the facial equipment :)

This machine was sold in this Country for £2500 for a long time. When I wrote about this the Angel Academy had managed to but the same machine and offer an accredited BABTAC course with the option for an NVQ upgrade for £419 + 20% surcharge. To the best of my knowledge it is the same machine that is offered with a one year warranty so it all seems above board to me

Dont suppose you work for the Angel Academy ;)

Not been funny here but that machine is available on eBay for £80!

I agree Ebay is amazing now and certainly many Beauty Machine providers do have machines modified from China. What is important is a CE kitemark and a UK warranty should anything go wrong as shipping costs to China for instance can make the whole purchase pointless [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back