Angry Shellac client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlou06

Reaction score
Love shellac and usually have no problems with the system.
One of my therapists had a lady in for a set of shellac on hands.
A week later the client came back complaining of one chip on her index finger. My therapist kindly re did the WHOLE set for free.

I was away at the time.

She has now come back again a week later saying that two finger nails have come off.

I have booked her in with myself so I can assess the situation.

This has been our first major complaint and I just wanted a bit of advice?

Thank you

Love shellac and usually have no problems with the system.
One of my therapists had a lady in for a set of shellac on hands.
A week later the client came back complaining of one chip on her index finger. My therapist kindly re did the WHOLE set for free.

I was away at the time.

She has now come back again a week later saying that two finger nails have come off.

I have booked her in with myself so I can assess the situation.

This has been our first major complaint and I just wanted a bit of advice?

Thank you

Shellac will last with normal wear and tear. What is she doing to chip them? Is she using Solar Oil every day and did she buy it at her appointment. Did you give her the after care. If she is not following it I would not re-do.

If she is going to be a pain in the butt then remove and send her off and tell her she is obviously not suited to Shellac and have done with her. Or if she needs extra strength then apply a layer of the new Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing gel first before Shellac, as it is this type of client that it is perfect for. I wouldn't do it for free though and neither should your therapist have done so .. she has made a big rod for your back and did quite the wrong thing imo.

I never guarantee the wear of any nail coating we do because we all know that nails do not chip by themselves and they certainly do not peel off 2-3 nails and stay perfect on the others without the aid of teeth.

Thank you for your reply Geeg.

Can you apply the brisa gel under basecoat or is there no need?

Thank you for your reply Geeg.

Can you apply the brisa gel under basecoat or is there no need?

YOu would apply the Brisa Lite base coat, followed by a coat of the Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing gel followed by 2 coats of Shellac colour and finishing with the the Shellac top coat. You would not use Shellac base coat if applying over Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing gel or normal Brisa hard gel, and you always finish with the TOP COAT that goes with the last thing you used .. so in this case, Shellac top Coat.

Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing gel is NEW and especially made to be used as a Power Partner with Shellac colour for those ladies who need extra strength and wear time.

Last edited:
Perfect thank you

Latest posts

Back