Annoying enquiries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bexnorm

Reaction score
Does anyone else find that they just keep getting enquiries from Facebook and online ads asking for services you don't offer?! Even if you've put a price list on your ad, on your Facebook page and even listed the treatments you offer on your ads? I've just started out and it seems to be the only enquiries I get! Had some asking for diet stuff, and had one asking for electrical muscle toning! I wouldn't say anything in my ads or fb page is ambiguous about my treatments so I'm finding this really confusing and frustrating!

Yes, I'm a hair extension tech.. but get a lot of enquiries for colour and cuts although I am qualified, I don't currently offer them as I find I've got my work cut out just trying to set up and establish the extensions side of things!

I also get lots of time wasters that will message me with "how much for long blonde extensions?" It is frustrating, I agree with you xx

Facebook makes it too easy for people to contact businesses now and that's why a lot of the time you get the time wasters from it and the people that aren't that serious, they probably wouldn't ring up and pay a deposit but their happy enough to book in on messenger and then just forget about it because it doesn't seem real when it's just through your phone. It's the same with asking questions, some people are just too lazy to read through things properly so decide to message instead!

Does anyone else find that they just keep getting enquiries from Facebook and online ads asking for services you don't offer?! Even if you've put a price list on your ad, on your Facebook page and even listed the treatments you offer on your ads? I've just started out and it seems to be the only enquiries I get! Had some asking for diet stuff, and had one asking for electrical muscle toning! I wouldn't say anything in my ads or fb page is ambiguous about my treatments so I'm finding this really confusing and frustrating!

Hi!

I get this a lot, I even have a no calls policy as I am with clients 9am-9pm and refuse to answer while I’m a) working on a client and b) sleeping/on personal time.

However on a positive note, when I text them and say no sorry I don’t do that but I recommend ‘such and such’ sometimes they actually come back and they like that I’ve actually helped them.

Sometimes I get queries about Brazilians and threading, which I don’t do, but I suggest similar services and again not always but some do come back (usually realised they don’t want it all off their bikini and they will be happy with waxing brows).They would rather go to someone that they’ve spoken to before and has helped them.

Try to think of it as marketing, because it is really. Tell them what you DO do, don’t focus too much on what you don’t. Eg no I don’t do lash extensions anymore but omg have you tried lash lifting, it’s amazing!’ You never know they might be talking to a friend about it one day and then go ‘oh I know a lady that does that.’ ;)

I do get some really odd questions though..I say if it’s not on my prep and aftercare it’s not relevant or they will just never stop bombarding you (like I need a pay per question line before letting that carry on haha).

Unfortunately these days, some people are just too lazy to read your advert or to click onto your website to find the info for themselves.
I also think they love the messaging thing because they get lots of attention with it.
Sad really. I don't actually book a new client through messaging as 60% of these would not show up. I make them phone me and talk to me! No problem then.

P.s....
And No, I don't do massage for men who don't want to wear underwear! (Just in case you're thinking ringing and asking again....) :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back