Another Colour Question please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you will get bored with me soon enough but I've just finished my training as a hairdresser this year and working part time mobile so only starting to build my confidence.

My question is on colour. I used cylnol at college but want to use wella or loreal but have limited knowledge on them and scared to make a mistake so early on!!!

I am going to do a clients highlights next week, she is a base 7, i would say, and has blonde highlights, currently with about a 2 inch regrowth. She has a quite a lot of white hair but her hairs in good condition.

She doesn't want to use bleach so i thought the wella high lifts... 12.1 or 12.11 would be best. Her highlights are quite golden at the moment and her complexion is very pale. She also mentioned she had low lights put through her hair last time as it was getting too light.

Question is am I using the right colour for this client.

Sorry to ramble lol

depending on the amount of white hair u need to be careful wi highlift cos they will jus tone the white cos obv they cant really lift more so it cud look a little lucid, but if its a sparse concentration u cud be fine, i wudnt neccesarily use 12.11 either because if u are going for golden these may come out a lil drab, its really hard to tell without a pic, but i wud err on the side of caution and do some base 10's in ur foiling pattern and if she does reqquire lowights the 8s are very nice on grey. x

i used clynol colour mesche .0 today on a client with faded base 8 hair naturally 100% grey, i put on a 7.0+ tint all over with t section of colour meshe the result was wicked really nice creamy hilights.

Latest posts

Back