Another name for cucumber??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahmarie

Reaction score
Hi guys!!
I know I might be sounding really thick here but I just wondered if cucumber/cucumber extract etc is sometimes listed as another word on the 'ingredients' section on beauty products??

The reason for my question is that I have had a lovely client today for a brow wax and she informed me of a bad allergy to cucumber and with alot of facial products containing cucumber, I just wanted to be certain that I don't use anything that contains traces of it on her.. I know that cucumber is probably just listed as 'cucumber' but just thought that it MAY have a more scientific name as some other things do!!

Hope I have explained myself ok?!
Thank you in advance for your help guys xxxx

Cucumber is also known as "Cucumis sativus"
hth's

Cucumis sativus
Cucurbitaceae

these are some of the other names xxx

Oh gosh.. Don't they make it difficult to avoid allergic reations then with all these names! Thanks alot, I'll make notes of these for future reference x

Actually these being the scientific name makes it reconizable worldwide and less prone to mistakes by importers.

Also like to add people who have a allergy to kiwi and bananas can suffer with anaphylaxis.....just thought id mention it cause i have it. I bet there are loads of products with this in.....even the seeds from kiwis in body scrubs
Ruthy xxx

Latest posts

Back