Another Pedicure question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGray

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry for another pedicure question but I'm really feeling my way with this stuff.

I've been collared this morning by a lady asking me if I was the lady who does nails, which I am!

She says she'd like a pedicure but she wanted to know if I used a knife on hard skin or a file, I said I used a file and she said that as she lives in flip flops she finds it comes back really quickly if it's only filed.

Now I'm not keen on using a knife and I wouldn't. So I've given this lady my details and asked her to contact me later so I can see how I can help (as we were only talking in passing and it wasn't convenient). I'm a new business and anxious not to lose customers at this stage, so does anyone have any advice on what I can suggest to her re her hard skin that would ensure I still got the bsuiness without using a knife!

Thanks in advance,

Charlie x

Tell her that it's current industry advice to smooth the skin with a file rather than cut the skin with a knife. The only people who should be cutting skin from the foot are trained podiatrists.

Tell her that it's current industry advice to smooth the skin with a file rather than cut the skin with a knife. The only people who should be cutting skin from the foot are trained podiatrists.

Thank you, I realised that was the case, I know I wasn't very clear in my original post :)o) but I'm wondering what I can offer her that will get her to come to me anyway, rather than off to the nearest person who will use a knife...exfoliation? A foot file? A rasp?

Sorry my pedi knowledge is not great. Or specifically my knowledge of treating hard skin! I can do a great spa manicure with exfoliation!

I use Callus Peel followed a week later by a parrafin wax dip..........great results..............:)

I use Callus Peel followed a week later by a parrafin wax dip..........great results..............:)

Thank you. I'll have a search around and see what I can find. Thank you.

CND sea serum , followed by a good going over with the CND foot file Marine spa exfoliation with AHA's
finishing with a foot masque or just skipping to massage ,

sending her home with a pot of cucumber heel therapy and telling her to USE IT,

this regally maybe once a month through the summer will keep her feet as smooth as !

CND sea serum , followed by a good going over with the CND foot file Marine spa exfoliation with AHA's
finishing with a foot masque or just skipping to massage ,

sending her home with a pot of cucumber heel therapy and telling her to USE IT,

this regally maybe once a month through the summer will keep her feet as smooth as !

Thank you! I'll go and have a look now! x

The other thing to find out is exactly what 'really quick' means as it's a completely ambiguous statement. She might be expecting a pedi to last 6 months whereas you and I would know this is unrealistic.

Latest posts

Back