Another question about getting hair bleached/dyed done at salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazel06

Reaction score
sorry for somuch questions but im finding out alot on this website and thanks !! :)
I never knew that salons can do a test strand of hair to see if they can acheive or get a color you would like instead of getting most of your hair dyed a color you dont want and being unhappy and my mother went to over 6 salons. iv learned from what she went to you can talk all you want to see if they understand you and they would agreeing to give you what you want and coming out with a color you dont want (not saying all salons are bad )

ok heres my questions
ill probably call a head of time to see if some salons do a strand test .
(which will proable be like 10 hair strands, not trying to get them to do free hair )
and when i go to one what if i dont like the litte strand test they do
what do i do lets say they just give me orange wich is not what i want
and they tell me thats the lightest they can do .do i say thanks you thats not what i want leave? do i have to let them do my hair ?

also are there certain things i should know about when going to salons ?
are they suppost to put on a toner or do some salons not do that at all.
im not trying to get yous to go into every detail of whats going with my hair . i just need to know what to expect what will happen and if there is any questions or anything i need to tell them
thanks in advance

Hi

they will cut some of ur own hair off, this should be done very subtly so u could never see its happened. they will then apply the chosen colour to this and develope up. once thats done that is ur result. so u see u can not get ur hair done for free by this method as the hair is not on ur head.

any reputable salon will test the hair if they or u are unsure of the outcome. or for a compatability with anything previous on the hair.

you are under no obligation to get ur hair coloured just because of a strand test. if you do not like the colour ask if they can do another strand test and explain what u dont like about the first one so they know what they shoud be aiming for.

u will only need a toner if the colour needs some kind of boost to get it to what u want, so if one isnt used but the colours good - no probs! :)

i really think u should be discussing everything thoroughly with ur stylist as they are the one that will be doin ur hair

hth's :)

thanks
i wanst trying to get my hair done for free i dont know if i put that right in the first post
i just dont want them to think i tried to get a free hair job

thanks for the info this does help
know i know what to do and what to expect any other questions i have about
it i will ask the hair salon
thanks!!!:)

ur welcome,

u did put u didnt want it doing for free, i was just trying to get across that this couldn't happen anyway, a strand test is a non commital free service, the hair they colour up isnt on your head and this advice doesnt explain any technical process so couldnt be used for any thing but ur own understanding of the consultation process.

when you go to a salon, they have shade charts that show the range of colours they use, most ranges are intermixable so if you like the colour of one but want it an inbetween of the next one down, they can mix that, if you get me.

use the shade guides in getting across what u like. and what u dont!

communication is the key! if only u were this side of the pond, id do ur hair for u lol :)

Latest posts

Back