Another room to rent???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Iv been offered another room to rent in south east london, for £55 a day if i worked 6days thats £330 a week. the girl has said it currently takes a min of £130 a day. the girl has also said that she will stock up once a month if need be. everything comes in with this price and i get a treatment room and a small reception and she has said i can do what i like with the room.

Do you think this is a fair deal?

any advice would be great.

xx

I think thats a bit steep, but then again its in london so price is much higher. I pay £100 a week.
does she buy all the stock and do you have a choice of what products you can use.

I think thats a bit steep, but then again its in london so price is much higher. I pay £100 a week.
does she buy all the stock and do you have a choice of what products you can use.

Iv got a meeting with her on thursday, iv worked out that ill only be earning £300 a week after paying the rent this is based on taking £130 a day for 5 days. she has said she will buy the stock not sure if i will have a say in this, but if i dont then i will want to buy the stock so maybe I could get her to lower the rent.

No way! Too dear. Look elsewhere. xxx

I've been approached by the same person by the sounds of it. Not sure if you've seen the pics of the place but it doesn't look that nice esp for £55 per day. After talking to a few other girls that do the same thing I think its too expensive, and I've already replied back to them and told them this but the choice is yours really.

Good luck!

I've been approached by the same person by the sounds of it. Not sure if you've seen the pics of the place but it doesn't look that nice esp for £55 per day. After talking to a few other girls that do the same thing I think its too expensive, and I've already replied back to them and told them this but the choice is yours really.

Good luck!

Im going to try get the rent lower if i cant then im not going to take it.

Have you looked anywhere else in london for rooms to rent?

x

To be honest I've only just started to look, so fingers crossed for the both of us.

Hi,
IMO the rent seems a bit steep.
I know I'm from a completly different area but I only pay £200 a month rent for a whole salon and can make the amount of money she mentiond easily in a day.
HTH :hug:
Also I think your best bet would be to buy you own stock that way your more in controll of what you need etc.

Last edited:
Is there anyone who is currently renting a room in central London confirm what rent they are paying? i have seen a room recentlyed advertised for £550 per week in Notting Hill and the salon I use to work for is charging £80 a day.

Is there anyone who is currently renting a room in central London confirm what rent they are paying? i have seen a room recentlyed advertised for £550 per week in Notting Hill and the salon I use to work for is charging £80 a day.

I have been looking in central london and iv found anythink from a room in a hairdressers in holban for £225 a week, to £30 a hour in W1 and £80 a day.

The one in notting hill is good compared to what iv been looking at. £550 a month is only £137.50 a week.

xx

you paying way to much ...I OFFER IT FOR HALF THAT.
Sean

Hi everyone,

Iv been offered another room to rent in south east london, for £55 a day if i worked 6days thats £330 a week. the girl has said it currently takes a min of £130 a day. the girl has also said that she will stock up once a month if need be. everything comes in with this price and i get a treatment room and a small reception and she has said i can do what i like with the room.

Do you think this is a fair deal?

any advice would be great.

xx

Blimey - talk about north south divide! I can rent a good size / location salon for £67 a week!! That is just for rent though.

Latest posts

Back