Answering the phone? Freelance/mobile hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leahukhairstylist

Reaction score
Hi, how do mobile/freelance hairdressers answer their phone? would you say hello 'name of your buisness or just your name'? Or do you just say hello. Surely some people ringing you aren't going to be after your hairdressing if you are using your personal phone. I know names come up but not all of the unknowns will be potential clients?

I answer with a hello, normally I get a is this..... And that's when I know it's a business call

I'm going to be using my phone for my new business and i'm going to answer with my business name. Family and friends will know i'm a beauty therapist. When they call work at the moment, they just say hi, it's me. No problem.

Personally i would prefer to answer professionally since it's a new business and have friends correct me, than answer as though it's a friend ringing when it's actually a client xx

Always answer with your professional name. I personally think it's sounds awful when I call a business and they simply say: hello?? I love when businesses go above and beyond in not only being professional, but delivering good customer service. Part of your customer service is answering the phone in the proper way xx. You can always get a 2nd cell for work.

It simply sounds so sloppy when you don't have good phone manners.

My post sounds a bit snobby. Don't mean for it to be! Not that you personally have bad phone manners xo :) As a business owner myself, I love when people have great manners on the phone. (Probably because I had to take a 'white gloves and party manners' course as a teenager.) But you can never go wrong answering the phone in a professional, but happy tone.

I'm with the most answer with your business name every time I think it sounds professional xx

Always answer with your professional name. I personally think it's sounds awful when I call a business and they simply say: hello?? I love when businesses go above and beyond in not only being professional, but delivering good customer service. Part of your customer service is answering the phone in the proper way xx. You can always get a 2nd cell for work.

It simply sounds so sloppy when you don't have good phone manners.

Lol my chiropractors mum is his receptionist and she answers phone with 'hello?'
God I hate that! First time I had to ring as running late I thought I had dialled wrong number.
I'm in same situ in that my mobile number is now my business number too.

I had my shop phone on divert to my mobile when I was out of the shop and answered hello. Was very awkward lol

I have my husbands I. T. business, and my home salon to my phone I always answer good morn or afternoon ,Allison speaking can I help you. Family get used to it .

Latest posts

Back