Anxiety with fitting hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
i fit hair extensions and find some new clients give me bad anxiety!! Like if on the consultation they come across very fussy and particular i get super nervous for the fitting. Not that i dont think i can do a good job but that my best wont be good enough for them. Does anyone else get this? D: it does get to the point i doubt my work/skills but then i remember almost all my clients are happy and its just the odd few who pick at things. But overall it just makes me feel very stressed.

You just have to push through it, if most of the clients are saying they like their hair then you are obviously doing a good job. Just do your best that's all you can do x

This used to happen to a friend of mine with ‘headteacher’ like clients! She would have to go and hang her head out of the staff kitchen window to calm down! It can’t be a nice feeling.. she dealt with this by taking some time out then slowly started booking clients in again (to which she felt comfortable with). The headteacher like client (who was actually an MP) used to come across fussy/bossy and although complaining a number of times, used to always come back and rebook in with said stylist. So upon client being told she would have to be now booked in with another stylist (of a higher level) she was actually so disappointed because of this. So what I’m trying to say is, sometimes clients may come across like they are going to be difficult and they may complain or be bossy but really they might just like the fact they have authorisation to ‘tell someone what to do’ so to speak.. and really they love you doing their hair and just love to complain. Trust me these type of clients are out there I’ve had a few myself. They like to make you feel ‘scared’ to do their hair for some reason, not sure why but it’s true.

This used to happen to a friend of mine with ‘headteacher’ like clients! She would have to go and hang her head out of the staff kitchen window to calm down! It can’t be a nice feeling.. she dealt with this by taking some time out then slowly started booking clients in again (to which she felt comfortable with). The headteacher like client (who was actually an MP) used to come across fussy/bossy and although complaining a number of times, used to always come back and rebook in with said stylist. So upon client being told she would have to be now booked in with another stylist (of a higher level) she was actually so disappointed because of this. So what I’m trying to say is, sometimes clients may come across like they are going to be difficult and they may complain or be bossy but really they might just like the fact they have authorisation to ‘tell someone what to do’ so to speak.. and really they love you doing their hair and just love to complain. Trust me these type of clients are out there I’ve had a few myself. They like to make you feel ‘scared’ to do their hair for some reason, not sure why but it’s true.
Yes this is actually like my clients who make me nervous lol at the fitting they are so bossy/ fussy and picky I feel like whatever I do is not good enough for them but then they text me saying they are happy with it and thank me so it’s Just abit annoying lol I think I might just not book people that make me feel like that isn’t worth the money to me! X

8A40F8C0-76B3-4DF7-A101-51816D1AF275.jpeg

I feel like this daily. Worrying everyone is unhappy

i fit hair extensions and find some new clients give me bad anxiety!! Like if on the consultation they come across very fussy and particular i get super nervous for the fitting. Not that i dont think i can do a good job but that my best wont be good enough for them. Does anyone else get this? D: it does get to the point i doubt my work/skills but then i remember almost all my clients are happy and its just the odd few who pick at things. But overall it just makes me feel very stressed.
You’re not alone! I do too x

We totally get you, it's part of the job/beauty industry. :D Our personal trick is research, research, research. :) Whatever level you've reached in your career, new information never hurts. The bigger your knowledge the less anxious you will be. And don't forget there are always few clients who won't be happy even if you try your best.

Have you considered doing an advanced extension training course?

Some people think that if you find them slightly intimidating , they are going to get a better job from you . And if they Appear too ‘ nice ‘ you won’t do your best !
What they fail to realise , is that you do this job cos you enjoy it and take pride in doing your best work
Your problem is more with your own self confidence
You can’t please everyone all of the time , no matter how good you are ,
Try not to let people like that intimidate you .
If you are trying your best
And otherwise get good feedback that’s all you can do !

I also get this at times but it depends on which customer I fit

Most people are really nice and make me feel confident. It’s important to have faith in the product you supply also
Xx

Some people think that if you find them slightly intimidating , they are going to get a better job from you . And if they Appear too ‘ nice ‘ you won’t do your best !
What they fail to realise , is that you do this job cos you enjoy it and take pride in doing your best work
Your problem is more with your own self confidence
You can’t please everyone all of the time , no matter how good you are ,
Try not to let people like that intimidate you .
If you are trying your best
And otherwise get good feedback that’s all you can do !
Thankyou!! X

Have you considered doing an advanced extension training course?
No but I might! I am confident in what I do, just don’t a great amount of self confidence in myself as a person I guess as I’m quite shy lol so that’s probably more the problem ! X

Do you feel you have enough clients to choose who you want yo work with?
I've been installing extensions for 12 years and at first took on everyone who asked. Had some nightmare clients in the past. So most managed to stop instalping in the past. In a professional manner said it may be better for them to find another hairdresser to work with. Several have tried to come back when they realised they were getting an above and beyond service. I didnt take them back.
Now I get a sense of how they may be by the initial online enquires.
I begin consultation firstly like this.
If they are sounding a bit awkward I won't take them on x

No but I might! I am confident in what I do, just don’t a great amount of self confidence in myself as a person I guess as I’m quite shy lol so that’s probably more the problem ! X
Hi Hun, I had a spate of anxiety at short while ago due to the school loosing my daughter (long story) but basically it triggered panick attacks & a feeling of been unsafe & insecure, a good friend of mine recommended some meditation apps (I was a firm “un believer” of meditation thought it was silly and a waste of my time, but that helped me massively with with calming myself & re building confidence. Glenn Howard does ones it self belief they’ve totally transformed me in a couple of weeks. Give it a go if you feel it could help, he has a few free ones but the one I used after I’d tried the free one was about anxiety totally amazing x

Do you feel you have enough clients to choose who you want yo work with?
I've been installing extensions for 12 years and at first took on everyone who asked. Had some nightmare clients in the past. So most managed to stop instalping in the past. In a professional manner said it may be better for them to find another hairdresser to work with. Several have tried to come back when they realised they were getting an above and beyond service. I didnt take them back.
Now I get a sense of how they may be by the initial online enquires.
I begin consultation firstly like this.
If they are sounding a bit awkward I won't take them on x
I’ve had a few clients I’ve sacked over my 12 years as well, and every single client has come back with tailbetween the legs, some I’ve taken so d I haven’t but sometimes you just want to see the good in everyone x

Latest posts

Back