Any advice pls - salon within residential type home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
I have been offered the 'beauty salon' within a newly built over 55's residential type home. (No not an old peoples or care home - although they do provide a 24 hour care service). The complex is within shouting distance of a recenlty developed marina and plently of new housing. There is also a hair salon within the complex and both salons will be open to residents, staff and the general public.

My query is, if looking for a beauty treatment, would you go to this type of establishment. The room is large, airy, clean and new - I will have a say as to how it is furnished. It is rent free for 6 months and then a nominal fee per client (currently based on £2!!!)

At present I rent a very small room (8' x 7') at the back of a hairdressers which is accessed through the kitchen!! I have been there 2 years and built up a small client list. The salon is not in the best part of town. After paying my rent I hardly make any money - some weeks I am even at a loss.

My husband feels that if I move it will either make me or break me!!! What do you think?

Doesn't sound as though you'd be any worse off and it could very well be an excellent opportunity. I don't hink I'd need much time to mull it over if it was me! Good luck! xx

If I was in your situation I'd jump to it, it sounds ideal, your own space, clients within walking distance and your clients whom you have already will go with you.
and the fact you get a say in the furnishing is excellent, it'll be yours!

HTH

Latest posts

Back