Any Environ advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cumbriangirl1

Reaction score
Hi
I already use Dermalogica within the salon and have done for 15 years and totally love it, but a lot of therapists
seem to love Environ for results and I would like something more results driven. Any advice would be appreciated

I use environ in salon and do love it. Great results. I also added a small skincare collection called Dermogenera about 18 months ago. Loved it so much I now distribute and teach for them. It works great alongside another range, like environ or dermalogica but also works as a stand alone range.

If you want the environ spend, then go for it, but if you’d like to add a results driven range to what you have, please feel free to PM me.
After one peel x
f2750f12e9160a2e6e9f502ee461378b.jpg

Sorry I’m not interested in the peels, I’m wanting to find out more about Environ. X

No worries. What would you like to know? I’ve had them for about 7 years. I retail a lot - makes up about a third of our turnover, but it is available online like everything so we carry a lot of stock for impulse purchases.

Happy to answer any questions you have. Have you had a demo from the company?

Vic x

Hi Vic,

Is it worth the big outlay? I love Dermalogica but you can buy it anywhere and cheaper, I thought Environ wasn’t sold online and wouldn’t be cheaper if it was? Are the results better than you would get from Dermalogica skin treatments.

Thanks Kerry

Environ is a great results driven facial and to compare it to dermalogica is not the same. You physically can see the difference after one treatment in before and after pics. The outlay is worth it as your df machine does the work alongside the products. Skin consultations and skin analysis really pick up and show the difference. I have a mini gripe about the online aspects of it being sold online but as i'm aware they must have a face to face consultation or Skype consultation in order to buy the products.

My recommendation is to go to olympia beauty and try the facial out or have a consultation see if it works for you. Then get yourself on the training and if its not for you at least you've learnt about the brand and if its a fit for you. Good luck xoxo

Environ is a very good brand, outlay at the time we took it was about £3500 but think that has gone up in recent years.

We used it for years up until recently. You will get results with it but as it is strong you will get reactions etc even after training.

Environ is a very good brand, outlay at the time we took it was about £3500 but think that has gone up in recent years.

We used it for years up until recently. You will get results with it but as it is strong you will get reactions etc even after training.

Hi is there any reason you change from Environ? X

Environ is a great results driven facial and to compare it to dermalogica is not the same. You physically can see the difference after one treatment in before and after pics. The outlay is worth it as your df machine does the work alongside the products. Skin consultations and skin analysis really pick up and show the difference. I have a mini gripe about the online aspects of it being sold online but as i'm aware they must have a face to face consultation or Skype consultation in order to buy the products.

My recommendation is to go to olympia beauty and try the facial out or have a consultation see if it works for you. Then get yourself on the training and if its not for you at least you've learnt about the brand and if its a fit for you. Good luck xoxo

Thanks for your advice.
I’m going to the Manchester show next month, I’ve already had a facial and the rep has been but I feel it’s a big expenditure to I need to be 100%.
X

No worries. What would you like to know? I’ve had them for about 7 years. I retail a lot - makes up about a third of our turnover, but it is available online like everything so we carry a lot of stock for impulse purchases.

Happy to answer any questions you have. Have you had a demo from the company?

Vic x

Hi Vic
I’ve had the rep out and had a skin treatment but still undecided because of the big outlay. Didn’t realise it could be bought online .
I’m wanting to increase retail but also skin treatments, will go to the next beauty show to find out more

Kerry x

Hi
I already use Dermalogica within the salon and have done for 15 years and totally love it, but a lot of therapists
seem to love Environ for results and I would like something more results driven. Any advice would be appreciated
Hi there ,
We have had Environ for about 12 years now and it is a very good brand . Excellent products and good support . You need to invest in the machine and stock and I think the opening order is now in excess of 5k . You can buy it online and people can just ring for a consultation and will ring around for the cheapest price so to that end it is getting a bit like other brands sold online . They also said they would never go into department stores but they have now gone into Harvey Nichols ! I fear this is is just the beginning as they want more and more market share like so many professional brands out there .
We do retail a lot but the internet has definitely affected our sales and I am keeping an eye on the retail outlets and department stores that they are going into .
Elemis and Clarins both started as salon brands and said they would never go into stores and never do GWP etc and both did so I’m afraid I have been in this industry too long to believe what they all say . Just be aware . Environ is still a good brand but we also carry other cosmeceutical brands alongside them . Good luck x

Hi Vic
I’ve had the rep out and had a skin treatment but still undecided because of the big outlay. Didn’t realise it could be bought online .
I’m wanting to increase retail but also skin treatments, will go to the next beauty show to find out more

Kerry x

I’ve found the environ training to be superb. The products are very results driven and as I’ve said, we retail a lot. Our salon is in the middle of nowhere and people just pop in to buy. We do around £50,000 a year in retail so I can’t say we’re overly affected with online sellers.
The machine adds another dimension to your facials and you can up the ante, because as clients go up the levels of skincare you can increase what you do in salon.

Hope that helps

Vic x

I’ve found the environ training to be superb. The products are very results driven and as I’ve said, we retail a lot. Our salon is in the middle of nowhere and people just pop in to buy. We do around £50,000 a year in retail so I can’t say we’re overly affected with online sellers.
The machine adds another dimension to your facials and you can up the ante, because as clients go up the levels of skincare you can increase what you do in salon.

Hope that helps

Vic x
Hi Vic
One other consideration with Environ I forgot to mention is that. When you are doing well with them and ordering a lot you are slapped with a Marketing Levy . This is an amount that you have to pay them for the privilege of them marketing the brand . Some large accounts that I know of were having to give them £1000 a month to the IiAA ( the company who distributes Environ in the uk ) . This amount can go up depending on what you retail as it is a percentage of your downs with them so be careful . A few accounts that I know of have thrown them out for this reason . It is still a very good product and training just be aware .

Hi Vic
One other consideration with Environ I forgot to mention is that. When you are doing well with them and ordering a lot you are slapped with a Marketing Levy . This is an amount that you have to pay them for the privilege of them marketing the brand . Some large accounts that I know of were having to give them £1000 a month to the IiAA ( the company who distributes Environ in the uk ) . This amount can go up depending on what you retail as it is a percentage of your downs with them so be careful . A few accounts that I know of have thrown them out for this reason . It is still a very good product and training just be aware .
I mean purchases with them !

Hi Vic

Just to clarify I have had environ for about 7 years. I have been dealing with them a long time and have nothing but positive praise for them.
As I understand it, the marketing levy is not for a ‘normal’ salon, it is for salons who have completely ignored the agreement to not retail online, then sell it by the bucket load at around 20% less than salons. Those that stick to the agreement don’t have a problem. A friends salon is so successful at retail, she was spoken to about the marketing levy which was completely retracted when they realised she didn’t retail online.

Great company and fabulous products.

Vic x

Just to clarify I have had environ for about 7 years. I have been dealing with them a long time and have nothing but positive praise for them.
As I understand it, the marketing levy is not for a ‘normal’ salon, it is for salons who have completely ignored the agreement to not retail online, then sell it by the bucket load at around 20% less than salons. Those that stick to the agreement don’t have a problem. A friends salon is so successful at retail, she was spoken to about the marketing levy which was completely retracted when they realised she didn’t retail online.

Great company and fabulous products.

Vic x
Hi Vic
I don’t think that is strictly accurate . The skin clinic near me sold retail in the salon and online ( he did t discount ) Environ added the sales together and then hit him with the marketing levy . It also covers Jane Iredale and ANP which he also sold . He has now kicked out Jane Iredale and replaced with another brand and is considering doing the same with Environ so that he doesn’t have to pay the levy as it would severely reduce his profits . He phoned me absolutely ranting about the levy and how stupid it is having to pay them in effect when he is selling their products .
I don’t disagree that they are a good company but I’m not sure that it will remain professional only for too long with the department store situation . Also higher management are being brought in from the Ester Lauder group and you can see changes in the marketing already . GWP will be next as when I mentioned that to this lady she said no but then smiled and said watch this space . All companies want higher market share and IIAA are no different .

Hi Vic
I don’t think that is strictly accurate . The skin clinic near me sold retail in the salon and online ( he did t discount ) Environ added the sales together and then hit him with the marketing levy . It also covers Jane Iredale and ANP which he also sold . He has now kicked out Jane Iredale and replaced with another brand and is considering doing the same with Environ so that he doesn’t have to pay the levy as it would severely reduce his profits . He phoned me absolutely ranting about the levy and how stupid it is having to pay them in effect when he is selling their products .
I don’t disagree that they are a good company but I’m not sure that it will remain professional only for too long with the department store situation . Also higher management are being brought in from the Ester Lauder group and you can see changes in the marketing already . GWP will be next as when I mentioned that to this lady she said no but then smiled and said watch this space . All companies want higher market share and IIAA are no different .

But you agree not to sell online when you join the company.
So either way, I’m constantly rewarded for being a Gold Salon and excelling at selling. If they simply wanted a larger market share, why would they implement a levy? Re Harvey Nichols, yes, it’s available after a consultation, but this hasn’t extended beyond Harvey Nichols in several years now, and I hope it won’t, although it has raised brand awareness.

I maintain it’s a fabulous brand and to me well worth the opening order. I retail in the region of £50,000 a year from an isolated location. The rules are meant to be changing so that therapists can retail online but I don’t think that’s happened yet x

But you agree not to sell online when you join the company.
So either way, I’m constantly rewarded for being a Gold Salon and excelling at selling. If they simply wanted a larger market share, why would they implement a levy? Re Harvey Nichols, yes, it’s available after a consultation, but this hasn’t extended beyond Harvey Nichols in several years now, and I hope it won’t, although it has raised brand awareness.

I maintain it’s a fabulous brand and to me well worth the opening order. I retail in the region of £50,000 a year from an isolated location. The rules are meant to be changing so that therapists can retail online but I don’t think that’s happened yet x
You are allowed to retail on line and we do . They are also allowing you to put prices on all non vit A products in the near future . Even the Environ reps think the marketing levy is a cheek and I don’t know any other brand that does this .

You are allowed to retail on line and we do . They are also allowing you to put prices on all non vit A products in the near future . Even the Environ reps think the marketing levy is a cheek and I don’t know any other brand that does this .
Also in response to the Harvey Nichols “ consultation “ I have had clients who literally went up to the counter and took it off the shelves to purchase so not sure how this stacks up either .

My rep said nobody can sell online or you can be closed down from Environ but she will probably say anything to get me to take on the brand

Latest posts

Back