Any lifts and tints recommended other than Wella Magma?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake...

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today I performed an Ombre colour technique on a Wella 55/46 to 77/44 , which was a great contrast from the vibrant reds collection.

I pre lightened using foils and 3% Blondor bleach before applying 77/44 to an orange base.

I have used Magma blondes and reds, however did not have any today. I wondered if there are any other brands you prefer that tint and lift out tint like bleach in one step?

I find with Magma sometimes the colour grabs too much and fades quickly , leading to a color touch. refresh,

Many Thanks

Jake x

Last edited:
Are there any others you guys would reccomend?

Thanks All

Jake x

Loreal majicomtrasts and scwarzkopf fashion lights are both really good, scwarzkopf have more to choose from, more colours.

Normally I'm team wella bit agree with you magma fades too fast. When I use magma I always apply a relights on straight away... which sort of takes away the point of it haha.

Also I much prefer working with a colour creme as apposed to powder, I just feel like it's more conditioning for the hair, I think that's a bit in my mind though haha.

Hope this helps x

Thanks very much hun!

I will investigate ha

X

Loreal majicomtrasts and scwarzkopf fashion lights are both really good, scwarzkopf have more to choose from, more colours.

Normally I'm team wella bit agree with you magma fades too fast. When I use magma I always apply a relights on straight away... which sort of takes away the point of it haha.

Also I much prefer working with a colour creme as apposed to powder, I just feel like it's more conditioning for the hair, I think that's a bit in my mind though haha.

Hope this helps x

I agree, reds fade really quick to pink and then become so hard to remove, however the blondes are magnificent!

Yes,

I love the /89 and /36!

I will try a creme for the reds.

I know its odd, but I am finding it hard to believe it lifting tint until I see it ha

Probably like you and your gentle feeling Jamie ha

Thanks all

Jake xx

Latest posts

Back