Any of you from suffolk...middle school change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherineiv

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondered if any of you are in the area were the council are changing the schools.
the those of you who are thinking what the hell im talking about well......
In suffolk (well my area) our children go to 3 schools when every one else have 2.
primary 5-9
middle 9-13
upper 13-16

this means my 10 year old will be moved to upper school early and my 3 year old will stay primary longer and all middle schools gone. also teachers out of work.

well this is about to change soon but there is lots of protesting about it.
Just wondered what any other parents feel about it?

Suffolk Parents Against Change

this is the website

I think 2 schools is less stress for children than 3, As it is a huge step to change school and the less they have to cope with change the better... But that could be cos i have a problem child..

Lol.... I must say I im bit peed with it....why now?

My youngest wont know the difference but my 10 year old is bit worried

Where I am is considering this change after nearly 30 years of a 3 tier system.

Can't say it will bother me as I went through the 2 tier and my boys go to the same primary and will stay there until they are 11.

But there is a big uproar here too by the middle schools and the parents of those kids - so you're not alone.

Lol.... I must say I im bit peed with it....why now?

My youngest wont know the difference but my 10 year old is bit worried
are they not doing it over a fair few year.. or did i hear it wrong. i thought that from now on they were sending year six to high school and just not sending year 4 (is it) to middle they would keep them and not move them to any other school..

Well we don't have "middle schools" in Leeds but i wish they would bring them back !

They go to high school but they are children,that's all,not even young adults,they see and hear too much IMO .

Latest posts

Back