Any one have any ideas re Nails and Beauty training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megbob438

Reaction score
Hiya

Im so Confused its unreal:confused::|!!!! basicaly im looking to train as a beuty theripist (mainy acrilc and gel nails, tanning, lash extention, waxing, facilas, eyelash & eyebrow treatments, and make-up and skin care and to develop other skills as i work)! the problem i have is that i am now in a position where i cant not work so and a collgage wont take me on full time as im now 20 (21 in march). :rolleyes:!!!

I have looked in to doing part time courses at colleges in my area but they are in the region of £600 to £700 for the course thats not including the kit or uniform (kits range from £120 up to £1050:suprised:) and the courses dont seem to include the things i want to study and kida dont want to part with all that money when i may not need to! Any ideas???

I have looked in to going on intence courses, which are alot of money but most include the kit and cover alot more things that i am intrested in training in! The main one (and the best one) i have found is the The Beauty Academy baced in Essex! the travleing is not a prob coz they have a academy in Harlow which is were my dad works so i can stay with him and i drive so can get myself there.

Anyone know anything about The Beauty Academy??? are they any good??

I get my nails done regualy and i know that there are very well knowen products such as Lash prefect and Creative who i know do training courses, is it worth doing the training with them and do the rest with an college or on a training course????

The other thing is that i dont know if there is any chances for grants or lones of any fincial help? at the moment im planing on getting a part time job as well as my currnet full time job to use the money from the second job to pay for the kit and the course ect!!! is there anywhere that will let me work and trian at the same time?????

any infomation you can give me would be really helpful!!!

Thank you

Meg:lol:

If you want info on Creative training this is their number hun 0845 210 6060 :hug:

Hiya

Im so Confused its unreal:confused::|!!!! basicaly im looking to train as a beuty theripist (mainy acrilc and gel nails, tanning, lash extention, waxing, facilas, eyelash & eyebrow treatments, and make-up and skin care and to develop other skills as i work)! the problem i have is that i am now in a position where i cant not work so and a collgage wont take me on full time as im now 20 (21 in march). :rolleyes:!!!

Meg:lol:

I cant understand why the college wont take you on full time, surely its not because of your age :confused:
I am twice your age and studying full time at college.

hi hun just to let u know that if u havnt already got an nvq2 2 or equivalent then u can apply to get the college course for free . this is what my college told me and it was for a year long part time course in make up . So im assuming it will be the same for you . I also got told u get free funding on most nvqs till u are 24 . have a serch through prvious threads hun there was def one about this. hth

Both Middlesbrough college and Redcar college will offer you a place as long as you don't have a level 2 qualification, you will need to pay your uniform and kit fees though. I know this as I have recently been to both to enrol on courses and I'm 30. Do you have a level 2 qualification in anything? if not speak to them both on Monday. The full time courses are only 15 hours at both.

Latest posts

Back