Any Shellac advice for the new girl?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samentata

Reaction score
So my shellac kit arrives tomorrow (on my birthday actually!) and there's just so much to get my head round so shouting out for help!!! And looking for some friendly advice please??

I was thinking of doing each new clients first set for £15 and a bring a friend get 2 for £30 deal to build up my client base for the first few months and then making it £20 a set thereafter, maybe a little more for art and gems etc. Does this sound like a good plan??

Also when it comes to brisa sculptures if a client has a broken nail, do you charge extra to fix it? I was also thinking starting at £20 for a full set of extensions I till I'm confident, then going up to £25, again is this about right or too much/little?

Finally! I brought a pack of the solar oil pinkies to retail as aftercare, how much they should sell for I'm sure I saw £4ish written somewhere but it seems quite steep?

Any other hints and tips greatfully received ☺️

Thanks for your help x x

I'm afraid I cant advise you, butwe have the same birthday!
Happy birthday for tomorrow!!:D

Aww birthday buddy! Have a fab day hun 🎂🎈🎁

I've just started in the beauty industry a couple of months ago and offered the exact same prices as you for the first few weeks and then went onto charge slightly more as I grew in confidence! A lot of people were happy with the prices and knew it was an introductory offer only :)

Thanks Ssyse that's really good to know :0)
How are things going for you now, I'm worried that I might not pick up the technique as fast as I should or that business will be really slow :0/

I want to get going with things also, I have done my mani course, shellac brings em back & art and style. I have my Brisa Lite Smoothing/Sculpting booked for April - but as I don't currently have a lot under my belt I am unsure about how to advertise? Any ideas...I must also mention I have trained in L&P but I am not keen on using it, too much filing for me and wonder rather cause as little damage to the natural nail as possible hence the sculpting gel course x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the same, I was thinking about doing a Facebook page and spreading via my friends word of mouth to start with, but I haven't thought up a name yet so can't do anything until I decide that really!

I was also considering making a few flyers to leave at work and social groups I attend etc but again with no name can't really start that either!

I'm still finishing my L2 beauty at college as well so I'm a bit worried about drumming up to much business to soon and having to turn people away who may then never return?

There's just so much to think about isn't there!!!! x

Oh I'm exactly the same with acrylics in general I hate the idea of buffing the nails which is why I went down the cnd gels route

Oh and eeeeeeeeeek my sweet squared delivery just got here!!!!!

Happy birthday! What a great birthday present.

Your prices do sound a little low but as long as clients know that's an introductory offer only you should be fine. It becomes harder to raise your prices after too long so maybe you could say the offer price applies for first booking and again of they refer a friend who has a treatment? Then charge normal price from 2nd appointment onwards.

Solar oil pinkies are rrp of £3.95 I believe. I personally charge £3 as they are tiny!

Try and think of a name asap as fb oages and leaflets would be a great help. Good luck! Xx and have a lovely day xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you lilypie that's really helpful advice :0)
The name is a difficult one, it's like naming a child almost it's for life hee hee! I'm almost decided on Sammy B's Nail and Beauty Boutique and the having a cute little bumble bee as a slogan/image but I'm just not sure :0/
I'm having a fab day thanks I've surrounded myself with my kit and deciding how to do my nails today lol x

Thanks Ssyse that's really good to know :0)
How are things going for you now, I'm worried that I might not pick up the technique as fast as I should or that business will be really slow :0/

I found that the more clients I did the more I grew in confidence as your able to gain feedback. I am a complete worrier so the little bit of feedback puts my mind at ease as I'm always worried something's going to go wrong!

I was without a lamp for 6 weeks over the Christmas period so business is just starting to pick up again.

Facebook is a great way to show off your work too by posting pictures and little reminders via status updates. I've also had a lot of people book in due to word of mouth which for some reason I wasn't expecting 🙈

Hope all goes well!!

Aww that's really good ssyse! Hope everything continues to go as well for you! :0)

Latest posts

Back