Any Tips for a 'fun day'???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hiya,

I'll be doing my first 'funday' in 2 weeks time and just wondered if anyone has any tips for me?!!

It is an open day run by the council and i'll be having a table where I can promote my services while offering a free file & polish for people on the day..
I was thinking of also offering a mini hand massage as an alternative for those who dont want a polish..

I'd love to hear any advice any of you have for me on this!

For example; how would you go about consultations? Would you do the standard full consulatation forms or shorten them down (eg. just checking for allergies, recent injuries?)..

Also, how many colours would you say I should take for polish? I was thinking of picking up some of those 'attitude' polishes from capital instead of using my OPI ones on the day (or do you think I should just use what I always do?)..

I've got some promo literature to take with me for people who want something to take away...

Was thinking of getting some pink helium balloons to tie to my table to make it stand out a bit more!!?

Hiya,

I'll be doing my first 'funday' in 2 weeks time and just wondered if anyone has any tips for me?!!

It is an open day run by the council and i'll be having a table where I can promote my services while offering a free file & polish for people on the day..
I was thinking of also offering a mini hand massage as an alternative for those who dont want a polish..

For example; how would you go about consultations? Would you do the standard full consulatation forms or shorten them down (eg. just checking for allergies, recent injuries?)..

Also, how many colours would you say I should take for polish? I was thinking of picking up some of those 'attitude' polishes from capital instead of using my OPI ones on the day (or do you think I should just use what I always do?)..

I've got some promo literature to take with me for people who want something to take away...

Was thinking of getting some pink helium balloons to tie to my table to make it stand out a bit more!!?

Your ideas sound pretty good - don't forget nail stickers for the little girls! They love them. Put them on, clear coat of polish - charge £2.00 ish.

Also, how about a raffle? Raffle off a hand treatment/manicure as a prize.:hug:

Hiya, sounds like fun!
I did a table at a fete with a salon before where we charged for polish or hand massage -bout £3 and we did face painting for the kids, again about £2-3. We had price lists to hand out and were manic all day. Loads of fun, exhausted after, made loadsa money, mostly on face painting and got quite a few new clients.

Hiya,

loving the baloons idea.
maybe cut the consultation form down but take their contact details so u can keep in touch and remind them your there available for treatments

Hiya,

how many nail varnish's are in the tub.. or orange sticks or something to do wi beauty if it's nail varnish only let them look at it for certain amount of time as will be easier to count....

hi, thanks for all the replies! The fun day that I'm doing is one for the local council - its free for the public but the council have said I can invoice them to cover the costs of products - I dont want to sound silly - but ive never invoiced anyone before! lol! I have got software with an invoice template on so I'm assuming I could use that with my details on??

I've got loads of nail stickers so will take those along with me! So thanks for that!!

I'm really looking foward to it and hoping that it goes well as they run quite a few round here so i'll be able to do more throughout the year! x

sorry -one more thing! How much do you think I should invoice the council for the treatments? I would be doing a quick file & polish (with / without stickers) or a min hand massage per person.. I was thinking £2-£3 per person to cover products, I'd be using alot of products - cotton wool pads, polish remover, polish, base & top coats, hand santiser & hand creams..Do you think £2-3 each would be reasonable?
I dont want to overcharge - after all - I offered to do it as its a good opportunity to promote my services, I said I wouldnt charge for my time - just to cover the costs...

sorry -one more thing! How much do you think I should invoice the council for the treatments? I would be doing a quick file & polish (with / without stickers) or a min hand massage per person.. I was thinking £2-£3 per person to cover products, I'd be using alot of products - cotton wool pads, polish remover, polish, base & top coats, hand santiser & hand creams..Do you think £2-3 each would be reasonable?
I dont want to overcharge - after all - I offered to do it as its a good opportunity to promote my services, I said I wouldnt charge for my time - just to cover the costs...

Your prices to invoice sound good to me and I love the idea of the balloons.
I would also print out a load of sheets of paper with the boxes titled
Name, address, phone, and email. I'm doing a couple of promo days for my firm this weekend. We've got a whole load of chocolate on one end of the table and all the people who fill in the details will have those details put into a hat and the name drawn out will win the chocs. But it also means we have their details for when we have special offers etc.
You could have a goody bag, Small base coat, colour, top coat, file and cuticle oil, maybe a sheet of nail art stickers? as your prize. With your price list and upcoming offers inside of course. Again its a good way of being able to contact people during the year and let them know what you've got coming up. Especially if you have their email addy, its a less intrusive way of contacting them.
Remember to smile, be chatty and don't be afraid to step out and say, would you like a free manicure? Everyone loves free bee's but often you have to be the one to make the first move.:hug:

Aww thanks hun! Those ideas are great! I'll run them by the woman who is organising the event to see if they minded me doing something along those lines!

Thanks again to all of you for being soooo helpful! x :hug:

Latest posts

Back